Done with iMac...is MAC PRO good for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Crevice, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Crevice macrumors regular

I have now ordered 2 iMacs, all of them have had faulty screens. So out of frustration, I am now worried that if I get a new one it won't last long...

So do to this, I have started looking into Mac Pros. I have been wanting a gaming computer for a while, but I am also a hardcore mac user (pro tools, logic, reason, photoshop, after effects, etc) so to me the Mac Pro seems like it might actually be a better deal. The main selling point to me is the graphics card, which in my hunt for gaming PC's made me realize it was actually the 2nd best ATI graphics card out on the market at the moment. In fact when I spec'ed out most gaming pc's I was looking at, the mac pro beats MOST of them in hardware.

So my question since I am new to Mac Pros, is Mac Pro 3.2 quad, 8gb ram going to out perform the new 27 iMac i7, in a drastic way during gaming and applications, in a way that will warrant the extra 500 bucks its going to cost me to ge the mac pro and a 27 in monitor? I am sorry for adding another one of these threads, but I have a lot of money on the line...just want to get some opinions so I can sleep better.

2. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

This is the Macbook Pro forum section....

If you post in the desktop hardware, Mac Pro section you may get a better response.