dongle for macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lozzy1234567890, Sep 2, 2009.

1. lozzy1234567890 macrumors member

ive decided on getting an o2 pay as you go dongle, for 15 quid a month to pay, and 3 gigabytes of data, with unlimited wi-fi. the trouble is, im not completly sure about what the 3 gigabytes of data is for, is it for downloads? or watching movies online,(i like to watch bbc iplayer) the main things im going to be doing is msn, facebook, youtube, some random browsing and free flash games such as miniclip and bbc iplayer, and some music downloads. could someone with more experience in dongles help me out here, ive got my mind set on the o2 dongle, and pay as you go, so please nothing like, "get vodaphone its better" etc. thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The 3GB is for any and all data you use via the cellular network. Downloading/browsing/streaming...it's all data, and it all counts to the 3GB cap.

Also, just FYI, your post doesn't really have much to do with MacBooks or iBooks (as the issue is about the dongle and data, the fact it's connected to a MacBook is pretty much irrelevant), and shouldn't be posted in this particular sub-forum :)

3. lozzy1234567890 thread starter macrumors member

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

that depends on what you're planning to do with it or download, how many hours per day, days per week... large or small files, etc.

I know, in the home with my fibre connection I can murder 14Gb per day... but it's uncapped, thankfully.