Dongle Modem Works Perfectly on Windows But Not on MacBook Pro??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SpL619, Jul 12, 2009.

1. SpL619 macrumors newbie

I just migrated from Windows to Mac and I bought the MacBook Pro 17" 2.66

I'm loving the touchpad and all the fingers action but I have one huge problem; my dongle modem is horrible on Mac.

I used the Huawei E220 and it was horrible so I bought the Huawei E180 (because it's Mac ready) but still horrible.

The download speed on windows is around 400kbps but when I use it on Mac (same spot same time) the download speed is around 35kbps which is absolutely horrible.

I asked everyone I know and no use, I'm new to Mac but is there a download speed limiter or something?? When I connect it to DSL the speed on great but on the dongle modem it's almost the same as dial-up.

I appreciate any help I can get, I love Mac so far but it's too expensive to break the contract with the phone company.

THANK YOU!!

2. weckart macrumors 68040

Dunno if you have installed the wrong driver or something, but I get full speed downloads whenever the blue light is on.

I followed these instructions in installing and setting up my modem and haven't had a problem with it.

3. SpL619 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did all the mentioned settings and it's the same, i even had a newer package (2.7 intel not 2.6) but to no use.
    is there any other way to know what's wrong?? honestly it kinda hurts to pay this much money and then keep using my old Toshiba laptop just because of the connection :s
    I bought the Huawei E180 (another $300) which is Mac-ready but i don't know how to use it!!

I appreciate any input here.

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Using the software dmg. Uninstall the old software first.
    Dragging the software to the Trash Does NOT Work.

If it's anything like mine was the install/uninstall option is under a drop down arrow at the top of the window after you have accepted the licence.

After you have uninstalled the software Empty the trash and Restart the Mac. Then install the 2.7 software and restart the Mac again..
    S.

5. SpL619 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried all those instructions and nothing, I uninstalled the application using AppDelete and re-installed it and still nothing.
    Could this be a faculty flaw???????????????????????????????