Dont apple give a **** about us?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnnyboy360, Sep 7, 2010.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

so the new ipods are out and the uk has nothing, the people who pre order have nothing...so apple dont care then....

2. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

They are not out anywhere yet. Not even here in the US!

3. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

they will be today... people have already got them from the stores...

4. Cat-toy macrumors member

Just take a deep breath...

And exhale. Life goes on.

5. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

They will come very soon after they get in shops. Maybe later today or tomorrow.

6. brianfast macrumors regular

Not in the USA...

7. mcnicks macrumors regular

You are looking for love in all the wrong places.

8. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

64gb in stock in bath, none of the others yet though

9. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Just rang again and Bath store has now changed their tune and said they're not 'putting them out' until tomorrow ( Thursday).

Sounds like they have them though,when i asked about the 32GB and 64GB version (which i was told was in earlier) This guy said they're not putting them out until tomorrow and only selling the Shuffle today.

10. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Are you kidding me? Please please tell me you're not being serious.

Apple launches a new and very popular product line worldwide, manages to get a release date in the UK seemingly within a day of the US (its home market) and you're complaining and saying they don't give a **** about the UK? Just look at the rest of the consumer electronic space, it's incredibly rare for a worldwide release of a major product line to happen in that sort of timescale and we normally get stuck at the back of the queue. This is actually a really good performance from Apple and you're complaining over a DAY? And not just complaining but acting like a teenage twilight fan in a Jacob / Edward slanging match?

Honestly, do people think these products just spring into being fully formed in a nice cardboard box on their doorstep when they order them, possibly in a gentle shower of rainbows and accompanied by a hevenly chorus? It was the same rubbish with the iPad, Apple can only make so many so they choose to focus on a limited market and at least have a shot at meeting demand. With the iPod range they're producing far more units but it's a known market and they'll be pretty damn sure they can sell 'em all yet they're still managing to deliver to a lot of markets more-or-less at the same time.

I'd say the same about ANY company in the same position btw, not just Apple. A little patience would go a long way...

11. Josh0806 macrumors member

I think what is annoying for most people (including me) is the pre order situation. Here in the UK, none of the orders have been shipped yet some Americans will probably start receiving theirs today.

12. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

[​IMG]

13. kingofkings8183 macrumors member

14. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

The new iPods are out and you wont be getting one on release date! Well your life must not make sense anymore.

15. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

so you dont care that if you pre ordered it and it didnt come on the day they said so which is meant to be tommorow to tuesday which it dont look likely to be then you wouldnt be mad? even an email from apple would be nice letting me know about it... but i guarantee you they will run out of stock before they even think about sending it to me...

16. hobx macrumors regular

That makes it worse, not better. If he got it in an apple store, why are other people being told they won't have them until tomorrow. Also, what is the point of preordering if it would be quicker to pop into a store anyway?

People are excited to get a cool new toy. I think the real issue here is just why it bothers YOU so much that others are upset.

Indeed, how dare we come on a discussion forum and actually discuss things. Its unheard of. :rolleyes:

17. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

is that meant to be on my side or your side, only a question...not mad at you im not mad at anyone only apple.

18. hobx macrumors regular

Your side. I detest apples business practices as much as I love their products.

Me too. Not as much as you, as I already have an iphone and the ipod touch is a gift. But I'm still quite irate.

My point in my previous post, is that I just don't get why people (ie kingofkings8183) are so bothered that others (you and me etc) are upset. My suspicion is that kingofkings loves apple just a wee bit too much, and takes criticisms personally.

19. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

The fact that someone in Glasgow has got their hands on one makes me think that Apple must have 'em in the country - and yet has anyone who pre-ordered from the UK had their status change? It's been just over six days since I ordered - but I know a lot of people in the UK ordered as soon as possible - so they're approaching seven days since ordering - and yet there's no sign of them even being prepared for shipping.

I would imagine no one who pre-ordered will get them by the 10th. Or the 11th. There isn't any post on Sunday (12th) so that takes us to Monday - 13th. Even that, I'd suggest, is perhaps pushing it.

This is the first Apple product I've been interested in buying - hence the reason behind pre-ordering, so as to not have to travel to Birmingham, and queue-up. It'll definitely be the last time I pre-order - If indeed I keep my order - like I've said before today, Apple have got until tomorrow morning to show some indication that my order has moved along - i.e. that it's prepared for shipping. If not I'll cancel, use the £250 to buy somethings I was holding back on purchasing, and pick up the iPod Touch when it's generally available.

20. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you! someone else feeling my pain... whats the point of preorder if you dont get it before release date or on release date? just seen in argos that if you order it now you will get it on the 10th. but i might just leave it cos im getting mine engraved.

21. jaykay74 macrumors newbie

I agree, I live just outside Glasgow, I could have went to the Apple store 20 miles away and pick one up today. My orders still waiting to be shipped, I won't be pre ordering again.

22. jaykay74 macrumors newbie

I seen that as well, but then I seen the small print on the webpage;

Argos will never knowingly oversell products.
    Argos will endeavour to deliver FREE on September 10th; however Argos cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery if there is a disruption to services outside of our control.
    If the date slips or we receive stock early, the product will be delivered on this new date.

Seems like a lot of loopholes i.e. you will get it on the tenth if apple gives them it and if it's not out of stock.

23. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Apple said next week at the last week conference. They never said what day...
    It takes time to put all the ipods in the box and ship it via airplane.

Don't fanboys have any patience?

24. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

The concern that those of us in the UK, who pre-ordered, have is that it's quite likey they won't arrive this week. As far as I know, whilst people who've walked into physical stores have been able to get them - those of us who've pre-ordred haven't seen a change in the order status - i.e. they're not even preparing to ship.

Let's assume one starts the process this very second. It likely won't be dispatched until Thursday. I'd be amazed if they're in the country by Saturday. There's no postal service on Sunday, so that takes us to Monday - September 13th. In other words - not this week.