Don't believe the Apple propaganda on Android apps...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mobilehavoc, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

People seem to be brainwashed or drinking the Kool aid about how horrible apps are on the Nexus 7. I own both a Nexus 7 and iPad 3 LTE. I've also owned every iPad before this and they're great. But let's be honest here, at 7 inches having tablet specific apps becomes irrelevant. On the 10 inch iPad I agree that Android is horrible at using real estate (hence why I own iPad) but at 7 inches smartphone apps that are using Google 4.0 design language run and look fantastic. They btw don't look like iPhone apps on an iPad which are just pixel doubled garbage - they expand and text/images are sharp as ever.

Since I got my Nexus 7 I find myself hardly using the iPad 3 even with its superior tablet apps. The apps I have on my Nexus 7 work wonderfully and look great, not including the stock apps which are all optimized - Flipboard, Google+, Maps, Twitter, Facebook, Chrome and certainly all games are just great to name a few I use often.

I don't care what you buy, I'm just saying that the Apple propaganda machine is in full swing on this one. I honestly don't think these tablet optimized apps are as relevant at 7 inches as they are at a higher resolution 10 inches.

But that's just my experience...

2. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

There is no apple propaganda. I have had a chance to own a nexus 7 and I have also sold it and taken the money to buy an iPhone 5. Android nexus 7 apps do not have the polish like apple apps do. Sure flipboard and and iOS equivalents look the same but overall the android offerings are inferior.

The nexus 7 isn't all that. The pixel density is fine and all but for me reading on the iPad retina is superior to any android offerings. If you are concerned about size, then a 7" tablet is perfect but the aspect ratio is not as good as the iPads for both web and apps. For video the 16:9 is king.

There are millions of happy iPad owners and they didn't buy the iPad because they drank apple kool aid. It's because the iPad is superior to everything on the market.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

4. LUKE484 macrumors newbie

garageband, iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, infinity blade.