Don't bother Monday.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by skafia, Mar 20, 2011.

1. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

So I just got back from the Apple Store in South Coast Mesa and I was about 20 in line. I didn't make the cut, about 3 people shy. Damn the ones who bought more than 1!

I was in a line with about 35 or so people and they walked all of us to the door, then he went to each person to ask how many each person was going to buy. I guess many bought 2.

Anyway, the Apple employee said they won't have stock for Monday so come back on Tuesday. He reiterated the "selling stock next day" thing.

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Hopefully people would have the common sense to realize this as deliveries do not come on Sundays therefore leaving nothing for Monday.

3. thenobody macrumors member

Why aren't there people screaming at them to restrict it to one person.
    And when there is some left start again with a second.

That's disgraceful.

The apple store here has restricted them to one per person the last few mornings.
    Still havent gotten the one I want

4. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Yeah my local apple store let two per person so i grab two wifi 16 gig black and now will turn them.

5. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

People mentioned it but the rep said he only follows orders from corporate.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

What's disgraceful are the people whining about having to wait in line multiple times when they could have ordered online the first day and been using their iPad2 by now.

7. jeffs177 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've waited in the freezing cold and rain for 4 nights and still nothing at the Manhattan Beach Ca Apple store.

My understanding was the shipments receive one day would be sold the next morning, but this morning an Apple employee came out and said they didn't have any available again today. This employee said any shipment received one day will be sold on the spot per Apple.

So now I'm confused, which one is it? Sold on the spot or sold the next day? I asked him, can I call every hour on the hour to see if you have a shipment and he says "sure they're used to it".

I think that's a terrible practice when someone can walk in off the street and get one, but someone who waits 10 hours get sc***ed. I guess the only way is just to loiter in the store and ask him every 5 minutes if they got them in.

I have better things to do and they should hold them for the following day for these that brave the elements for 6, 8 and 10 hours at a time. Sorry for the rant, but I can't get a straight answer with them.

8. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I didn't want one at first but changed my mind. It happens you know.

9. tsekh macrumors member

What's wrong with buying more than 1? Buying 2 doesn't necessarily mean the person is going to sell the 2nd one. If your best friend call you now and say he/she is at the Apple Store with iPad 2 available, and it turns out that he/she could buy a second one for you. Are you going to damn he/she and scream no?

10. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I never said anything was wrong with it. I just said damn them this morning because that prevented me from buying one!

11. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

They should restrict sales to one per person until the supply gets closer to demand. If your family needs more than one, bring the whole group!

Just my opinion......

12. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

my apple store said its possible that they can receive shipments in early in the morning prior to the store opening. I will most likely take my chances tomorrow morning.

13. PanAm-L1011 macrumors 6502

I was told they sell them same day and that they don't always just get 1 shipment in.

14. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Freezing in manhattan beach? You won't get much sympathy from those who live where it REALLY is freezing.

15. jjtrindc macrumors member

Ummmmmm. Ordered within :15 minutes of Apple Online Store opening on 3/11 and STILL don't have iPad in hand.

And, for the record, I agree. It's time to look at a situation as a whole and readdress "policy". Demand is huge. Scalpers are are known fact. Apple should start limited to one per person. Period. End of story.

16. MallCop macrumors 6502

Im going tonight. The store said they get shipments every week day morning and there have been ipads everyday last week so Im hoping.

17. nihao1234 macrumors member

so whats the verdict?? head out tomorrow am, do u guys think?

18. KYbrucewayne macrumors newbie

There is the possibility that they held off selling Saturday's stock until Monday. When I called my local Apple store yesterday afternoon they told me they would not be opening early on Sunday and would instead sell their stock of iPads on Monday morning, 30 minutes before they open.

This didn't seem right to me so I called again today. Sure enough, another employee said they would be opening at 9:30 on Monday for iPad sales. I think another poster said this was true for his store, too.

19. MallCop macrumors 6502

Im heading out in a couple hours with two other people.

20. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

The store here said they sold all stock from Saturday on Sunday, and no shipments until Monday which will be sold on Tuesday. Sounds unlikely that they would hold onto stock on Saturday to sell on Monday.

It would be nice to hear from anybody on the east coast regarding Monday morning shipments, that way I get a 3 hour head start over here :)

21. MallCop macrumors 6502

I'm in line know its 2:15 am and I'm third in line

22. skafia thread starter macrumors 6502

skafia

Mallcop--thanks for the info. Please keep us updated!

23. zenio macrumors 6502

Apple needs to get their act together period. They're just too manipulative. Too greedy and too full of themselves.