Don't Buy An iPad 2 Wait For The iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eshaq786, Feb 11, 2012.

1. eshaq786, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

eshaq786 macrumors newbie

Hi All

Heres my take on why you should wait for the ipad 3 and a round up of features to expect. Some you may or may not already know.

Link

Cheers

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Sorry, but your link isn't working, at least for me :eek:

3. BadboyHouse macrumors 6502

4. matttye macrumors 601

Yawn. A next gen product being faster is only a benefit if you're not happy with the speed of the current gen product - which I am.

Screen looks fine too, who needs a retina display?

Apple would have to pull something special out the bag to make me upgrade, not just minor upgrades like this.

5. urkel, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

Shouldnt we wait until a product is actually announced before we start yawning and calling it a minor upgrade?

Personally, I thought I wouldnt be upgrading because I'm extremely satisfied with my iPad 2 its not like Apple ever made a "worse" product than its predecessor so I decided to try to sell mine anyway. In the end then even the tiniest improvements will provide a better iPad experience and if you time it right then you're not going to lose much (especially if there's a price drop).

6. eshaq786 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly my point. The iPad 2 right now is still the best tablet out there and many people are extremely happy with theirs. If Apple could help it there'd be no reason to launch anything. However as with the entire tech industry, change or risk being left behind. With the likes of samsung snapping at Apple's heels, they need to keep ahead of the competition.

7. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

I don't understand your motivation. Are you just doing us all a favor? :confused:

Anyway, there are plenty of rumors in other threads/sites, but none of us on the outside knows for sure what is coming, or when it will show up. The iPad 2 is a great device.

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Lets not get crazy here. Many times Apple does sit behind the competition in certain areas and they don't care. The reason Apple is launching anything isn't because they need to keep ahead of anyone, they launch products because it makes money. Lots and lots of money.

Features are nice, but if there would be any reason for people to hold off on buying then it would be the potential price drop. Even if someone feels the iPad 3 offers nothing major, Apple will likely keep the iPad 2 around but charge a (few?) hundred bucks in order to trump the Kindle and other lower cost alternatives.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Great article.

I saw someone buy an iPad 2 a few days ago. There's NO WAY I would buy one right now when the new iPad will released in 1-2 months. I just can't see myself paying $500+ for a product knowing a new one is coming up within months. I guess he needed it RIGHT now because the sales guy told him to wait a month or two and use that $699 (He got the 64GB Wifi) towards the iPad 3. The iPad 2 won't be "outdated" by no means, but still, if you are going to pay $700, just be patient and wait for the new one since its been nearly a year since the last iPad came out.

10. xA4Hx macrumors member

Question is will iPad 3 be able to be untether jailbreak ?

11. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Very interesting article, I really enjoyed readingit. Hopefully all your predictions will become true very shortly, fingers crossed!

12. Cobster macrumors member

Oh no wait!

New iPad annoucede early march ... Mid march... Or even earlier - The usual suspekts cry - wait for The next model, it'll be much better... Judt wait and see... Big Surprise... Evelution is still going on after all these years...

13. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

nothing new in the blog entry. it's just a summary of the rumors that have been widely publicized over the past few month.

and since the iPad will be updated within the next 6 weeks it's better to wait for the updated version regardless of the new features unless you absolutely need to buy an iPad right now. and if you need to buy right now for whatever reason (job, budget, specific task) then you usually don't care about rumored updates anyway.

14. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

As amazing as I think reading PDFs on the iPad 2 is, it will be WAY better with a retina display. I cannot wait. I am going to be needing to read a ton of white papers going forward and the iPad will be a Godsend. I love my Kindle for reading books but it is an exercise in frustration trying to read PDFs on it due to wonky conversion and size.

15. Processor macrumors member

I would like to read PDF on retina as well since its more clear

16. eshaq786 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right in that respect but I assumed that was a given with any business and didn't need saying. They are all just trying to make money. At the end of the day there will still be droves of people lining up for a new one even if they don't actually 'need' it. Same happened with the iPhone 4S after it got slated by a lot of the press, people still went out and bought it.

Hopefully we don't have to wait long to find out. Rumours are first week of March.