Don't buy from Desmay! What a scam.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by illini84, Dec 1, 2012.

1. illini84 macrumors newbie

I was just reading through some posts about the Desmay Slight iPhone 5 cases being fraudulent. Unfortunately, I fully agree, and am wondering if others have had the same problems with them.

I ordered the "black transparent" iPhone 5 case in September. It arrived from Hong Kong about 2 weeks later, but it was the wrong case. They sent me an opaque black case by "accident." (Its quality and legitimacy were questionable, but that's beside the point for now.) I contacted Desmay by email the day I got it (there's no phone number), on October 12. "No problem," they said, "We'll send out the correct case." To cut to the chase here, it is now December 1--6 weeks later--and I still don't have the case. I emailed them 7-8 times about it and they ignored my emails. Finally, they replied and basically said it must have "gotten lost in the mail." I asked for a tracking number and they would not respond with one. Well, I finally had to file a credit card dispute since I'm clearly not getting the case I ordered back in September. What a headache! I've read that some others had the exact same problem, which resulted in having to file a credit card dispute, so now I'm almost certain that this company isn't legit. I'm going to try to take this to the next level, since I feel like I've been deceived! Anyone else have any Desmay horror stories?

2. KennySmith macrumors member

did u pay through paypal? file a protest through paypal and call your credit card. dont waste time on this scammer....

3. illini84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I paid with a credit card, so I went through my bank to file the dispute. I have no idea if they even tried to contact Desmay about it, but they found in my favor and fully refunded my money with no questions asked. What a worthless "company."