Don't Buy - Updates soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pjburnhill, Nov 21, 2008.

1. pjburnhill macrumors newbie

The buyer's guide states that there might be possible updates soon for iPhones but surely there won't be a new iPhone release for another 4-6 months due to latest 3G update. Or am I wrong? I'm planning on getting one this weekend.

Any ideas / speculations when Apple would be releasing a new version of iPhone?

Thanks!

PJ

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

the only update would be a 32gb phone.

and no one knows when that'll be.

maybe in 2 months, maybe in 10. if you want an iphone buy one now.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I'm planning on getting an iPhone soon too. I've decided to wait until Macworld 2009, which is the 2nd week of January. The only updates I could see happening would be the storage capacity (32 GB) and maybe a price drop.

If you really want one, just go ahead and get it.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

It is predicted that Apple will release a 32GB iPhone in either January or Febuary after MacWorld 2009.
    [EDIT] Darn, beaten to it. [/EDIT]

I myself also believe that 2.3 will be announced/released at MacWorld.

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

no price drop.

6. pjburnhill thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, I'll get it then, not fussed to get 32gb.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Read this article titled Apple seen having leeway to sell iPhone at $99 on AppleInsider. It could happen.

8. charboiled macrumors newbie

I was planning on getting an iPhone as well but wanted to ask those who have the 16gb version. Do you find yourself running out of storage?

Thanks

Char

9. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

where is this uninformed "buyers guide" so that I may flame it to death :rolleyes:

10. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    No definitely not. The only way you would run out of storage would be if you stuck a bunch of movies on there. But you can keep several at a time. I'd say probably up to about 10.

ummm really? try this very website, scroll up to the 'buyers guide' tab. flame away!

slightly optimistic are we? first of all when has apple officially announced an update before it was released? it is all speculation. and macworld is only 2 months away? I don't see it happening. if it does, the update will be even more underwhelming than 2.2!!

11. billandy macrumors regular

before the next hardware revision, i say to apple, give us the promised push notification service first!

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

But 2.3 will be a meaningless update. There will be no mention of it at MacWorld.

13. nick9191 macrumors 68040

2.0 and 2.1.

14. tlbwriter macrumors regular

I'm curious about this too... I was planning to get an iPhone before Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should wait. I don't really *need* one immediately. Any speculation about the price of the alleged 32gb version?

15. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

^^^Noone "needs" an iphone. It is a luxury item that is very useful. If you want one and can afford it...go buy it.

16. tlbwriter macrumors regular

No, no one "needs" it. I just meant that my current phone works fine and I'm not under any pressure to get the phone immediately. I did want it before a trip I'm taking in December, but I could live without it, if I'd be able to get something significantly better in January or February. After all, I've waited this long! :)

17. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Why do you say that?
    What are your sources?

18. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Oyyy I Need An Iphone Thankyou Very Much.. I Cant Use Any Other Phone. Im Sorry. Its Impossible. Need Not Want..i Culdnt Live Without Mine