Don't buy Zagg Glass+ for your iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by digital808, Oct 5, 2016.

1. digital808, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016

digital808 macrumors member

untitled.png

Zagg CS mentioned that they are having issues at the moment with the glass being a little more curved then previously thought. I went through 2 already and they both don't adhere correctly around the edges. Mainly the bottom is where I'm having issues. I hope they do the right thing and replace the bad ones with redesigned ones if they ever come out with one. Also, customers that registered they're product before the revised designed date, should get replacement glass for free WITHOUT paying for shipping! Let see if Zagg MANS UP and see how good of a company they really are. Up until now, I've hadn't had any issues with they're product and customer service. It's not our fault they put out a faulty product. We as customers should be punished for it.

2. Dkrcubsfan macrumors member

Dkrcubsfan

If they ever fix it! The correction for the Galaxy S7 is still not out. I have complained numerous times and talked to CS which stated that it wasn't faulty(even though it's cracked in the same place twice, and they don't even sell it currently). Was always a big Zagg fan, but after my wife's S7 issues and my iPhone 7Plus experience I'm staying away.

3. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

My zaggs glass have always been like this on one edge or the other and sometimes multiple edges starting from iPhone 6. It didn't stop me from using them on the 6 and 6S but it was one of the reasons I switched to Belkin this year.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

5. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

IMG_7569.JPG IMG_7576.JPG

7. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Exactly same happened with mine. 4 installs then I gave up. Went to store and got Belkin. Works and looks great despite it not covering edge to edge.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

9. digital808 thread starter macrumors member

I've never had an issue with my 6+ or my family's 6. Shield installed perfectly. But this 7+ shield is not acceptable. I'm moving on to the "old school" power support crystal and just avoid glass for the time being. I've seen the Belkin glass and may try it out. I just don't like the fact that some are saying that the edges are smaller than the screen which will create the "rainbow" effect. That would bother me too.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You bet.

11. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Got mine done at Best Buy it has the same issue. It's really bothering me since I paid $10 for the installation.

12. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

13. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

No rainbow effect for me.

14. ZipZap macrumors 601

You can get $10 to $15 curved edge 3D protectors on Amazon or eBay, why waste time with Zagg?

15. faded03cobra macrumors regular

Completely agree.

16. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

I get zagg because once it goes through wear and tear, I can get a replacement for $6.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2016 ---
    Mine is happening on the top.

17. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

In order to not have this problem. You need to get 3D full screen protectors like the one I am using. Covers the screen edge to edge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Had this same problem with Zagg on my 6+ when I got it. Press to hard trying to keep that from happening and you spider your glass. Yeah a replacement is only $6 but ... it just keeps happening.

I opted for a "Glass Luxe" http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisi...-6-screen-protector/glass-luxe-apple-iphone-6 and so far it's been working pretty well (month on) and it handles the corners much better.

But the longest tempered glass that worked for my phone was an Anker one. You get two for $9.99. They also have the screen guard kind too - for $39 cheaper than Zagg.

ArmorZ looks amazing. Will be trying this next.

19. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Guys, Zagg may have been having a fit problem with the Glass+ for the 7 Plus, but I think they must have fixed it, if so. Mine fits perfectly--I'm very impressed with it!

Kristin

20. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I have an Anker Glassguard on my 7 Plus currently and it works perfect. No halo, all edges adhered properly. It's not edge to edge though.

21. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Yeah Anker was my favorite and it lasted the longest when I had my 6+. And I was able to give one to a relative (came with 2). I definitely recommend these.

22. ysvsr1 macrumors newbie

Same issue here...7+..first time zagg user...spent 75$ for complete coverage and installation...tried 2 times..same issue..i will never ever use zagg again..i will move to 10$ edge to edge glass protector on amazon..

23. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Got mine redone at Best Buy at no extra charge. This one seems perfect so far no bubbles or issues around the sides and top and bottom. Hopefully it stays that way.