Don't call Apple customer service....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Sep 10, 2016.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I called the first time waited an hour an 10 minutes it started ringing rang for awhile then got disconnected. I called back and waited almost 3 HOURS to talk to a human being.

Apple Pay defaulted my
    Billing address to my work address so the card would of gotten declined when the phone ships......just wanted to fix it. during that 3 hours I seriously considered hanging up and cancelling the order....but I didn't. Because I'm freaking crazy.

IMG_2547.PNG IMG_2548.PNG

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

3. getchageekon macrumors newbie

getchageekon

4. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Chat said to call because it was too busy and I kinda don't trust chat editing my order

I could not find a way to schedule a call back after I got disconnected I tried to find a way to do anything else but wait but no luck.

Yes the girl I talked to did fix it I got a new confirmation email same shipping time updated billing address

5. JohnApples macrumors 65816

You too? When I preordered, my work address somehow got defaulted as well. Called twice- first time was on hold for 3 hours and got disconnected. Second time only waited 1 hour and immediately got my issue resolved. Order went to "preparing for shipment" as soon as the billing address was corrected.

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Getting a hold of anyone is a complete nightmare.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Your crazy! Sorry for your hassle. :(

p.s. check your voicemails

8. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Never had a bad experience with calling apple or their customer service.

9. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

AT&T isn't much better. All I needed was for them to add my office number to my otherwise correct shipping address. Called, amazingly got a person immediately, but she told me I'd need to speak to a different department. On hold for 45 mins, got another person who also told me I'd need to speak to a different department. I was on hold for about 5 minutes, got a person, and the call disconnected before I could ask him to make the change. I HAD given him my phone number though so I assumed he'd call back. Nope.

10. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Me either. I just called in 20 minutes ago to get a prorated refund of my AC+. I say for you guys who wants to get to sales, that's probably going to be the most crazy department. Set up a call back through the apple website.

11. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I called them because I could not download an app and they gave me a free iTunes movie rental for an extra sorry for my inconvenience.

12. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

Waited 2 hours and then got disconnected

13. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Oh nice!! That's pretty awesome.

14. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Why don't you trust chat? I would prefer going chat since I can screenshot everything we talked about, so in case something is wrong, it's easier for me to have them fix it

15. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

I used to do Apple phone support for iPods roughly nine years ago, just before the original iPhone was announced. I'm in Canada but I took calls for the American queue and it was wide open busy all day long. The majority of calls were simple things that an iPod reset or restore could fix, info that was super easy to find on the support page. Most folks weren't quite used to online support yet and would rather talk to a person which was understandable.

I heard from a lot of customers who had waited an hour or more to get through and some that had been hung up on by other agents. It was frustrating for them and certainly didn't make my job any easier when I had to not only fix their problem but try to make them feel better about the whole support process.

I can only imagine what it's like now with the iPhone being so immensely popular. iPods were one thing, but they were a lot simpler by comparison. Glad I'm not doing that anymore!