Don't do what I just did! Seriously. What a hassle.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Oct 15, 2011.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Ok, so I'm away from my wifi network and am only on 3G. Thinking Safari is running slow I enter into Settings and "reset all settings". I rarely do this and have always had success in getting things running smoothly again. Not this time!

Maybe you already know this and I'm the fool, but unlike times in the past when the iPhone simply resets and you're on your way, now it completely needs to start fresh- thus requiring wifi so iCloud can do its magic.

Such a pain as I was without a phone until I got home to sync.

Just a tap on the shoulder in case you didn't know 5.0 does this now. Wanted to save others a little grief!

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hmm. Didn't selecting that same option in older iOS versions prompt you to connect to iTunes? That's the same thing as what's happening here, expect this time you're also given the option to proceed over Wi-Fi.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

All you had to do was go into Settings > Safari > Clear History & Clear Cookies and Data.

[​IMG]

4. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

No. You're thinking of, "Erase All Content and Settings" directly below the one I use: "Reset All Settings". Using mine states, "This will reset all settings. No data or media will be deleted."

The "Reset Network Settings" (located in the center) generally works, but not always.