Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qrispy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
In contact right now with someone in my area that will have a 42mm SS White Sport Band in hand tomorrow, selling it for $700. So a $50 markup.

If you're desperate like me and have the extra cash lying around, this might be a viable option for you! ;)

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Just do your homework. Fakes have already started popping up on CL. meet in a public place yadda yadda. This is a prime time for criminals that know people are desperate and will show up with cash in hand.

If anyone goes the CL route stay safe, stay smart don't let your emotions of wanting to get one interfere with good judgement!

cloudspy

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
world wide web
Don't forget Craigslist!

A Police Department lobby is always a great place to meet. Some communities event have safe zones that are monitored by the Police Department.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
Sounds like a deal

But the term 'desperate' makes me curious.

Buying things like this in the wrong frame of mind would not be wise, regardless.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Ugh.

Dealing with Craigslist is like touching the handle of a restroom stall in a Walmart on the seedy side of town. Avoid that like the plague for anything like this, especially around the launch date of any new product.

And if you are that desperate, I'd suggest a quick re-examination of priorities. The need to have it NOW can be controlled, but that money could go a long way with other things in your life. For example, everyone so quick to run to CL with cash in hand for this completely forget that Mother's Day is coming up. Sending mother on a much needed vacation would be a hell of a lot more worthwhile than the instant gratification from the AW.

So find out what, if it makes it worthwhile, and wait. The watch will be there when supplies replenish.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.