Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
OK so I joined Vodafone after being mucked around by o2 in the middle of last year, then Vodafone announced that they were getting the iphone and I decided to get one. Since the only way I could get it was to buy it outright I did that, fine I wanted it and I had the money so I did it in January when it launched and they took the money and sent my phone to the wrong address. I had to take a day off work and spend about 3 hours on the phone trying to track my delivery down and now just to add insult to injury they've decided to bill me for it and take all the money for it out of my account again!

It's caused me untold grief trying to get my money back (which still hasn't happened) and having to go cap in hand to my bank for help covering the time while I was overdrawn thanks to them taking this money.

Moral of the story, Vodafone are as bad nowadays as they were when they started. They're still thieves and I can't recommend strongly enough that people should stay away from them

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Ouch, sounds like a really bad experience
Hope you get it straightened out soon
And I would think they should do something for you to make it right

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
i've had no problems with my 3GS on vodafone since i got it, then again i got mine through phones4u and did it all in store as opposed to online. but that sucks what's happened to you i hope it gets sorted soon

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Speak with Vodafone customer support and don't settle for anything less than a financial rebate for the inconvenience that they have caused. Service like that shouldn't be accepted.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I don't see how that has anything to do with getting an iPhone from Voda, that could of been any phone in the same situation....If vodafone are not budging with refunding the first iPhone best thing to do is email Vodafone for paper trail more than anything asking them to refund you the cost of one iPhone and if that does not get you anywhere, next step would be to print of the emails and send a letter demanding a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.