Don't get Apple

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Applelad, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Applelad macrumors member

I don't understand Apple's seemingly lack of interest in the Mac Pro. I know it's not in line with their core strategy which I can understand but it wouldn't exactly be hard for them to have a separate unit focused on it catering to the professional market. I can't see how it would eat into sales of other units as most professional would still have a laptop and probably a another mac kicking around for family all the same. It would boost their professional respect which always translates in the long term in more respect from consumers and there must be an easy few hundred million they could make out of them given the markups that most professionals would be OK to pay.

Added: I'm not talking about their trash can take on the mac pro by the way, more a mac pro that is practical for a professional (takes internal storage and relatively easily to upgrade (graphics cards in particular for video, 3D work etc).

2. Roykor macrumors 6502

You know that there are tons of discussions going on where you could post this, right?