Dont get messages via push notification

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deli.tk, Jun 27, 2009.

1. deli.tk macrumors newbie

I think push system sucks is it only me or are others having same feeling.
    I have tryed beejive and im+ and i dont recieve push notifications after 1 hour on standby, even if the device is on 3g connection also tryed with gprs connection but still same.

is it only my luck or are others having same problems?

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Free AIM works fine for me. Maybe your account is signed out for some reason.

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

The push system works great. I've been using Beejive since the day the released the update with push capabilities.

4. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I agree with the OP, push is REALLY unreliable.

I had 'Hey where are you' installed - sometimes it would take 15 mins for a message to push to my phone, other times i'd get a message instantly (both times under the same test conditions).

I also have beejive installed. Aside from the fact its an extremely buggy piece of software, sometimes messages don't appear at all, others have appeared hours after they should have done.

5. deli.tk thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly what is hapening to me too I hope it's only fault of app not apple's.
    By the way do you have jailbroken phone with ultrasn0w unlock, if yes could that make difference anyway my phone is activated officialy with original sim?

6. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

No, I have no need to jailbreak my phone. Plus its a 3GS, so the jailbreak isn't out yet.

7. deli.tk thread starter macrumors newbie

So the reason isnt jailbreak or unlock.

Is it apple's servers or apps that are causing the ***** service on push:mad:

8. jstigall macrumors newbie

I have used the AIM app since it supported push, with 3 of my friends who have iPhones (2G and 3G), and not once have I or anyone else missed a push notification.

I would blame the app developer first, they have to send the message to apple, so it's probably their server getting overloaded.