Dont hate me, but i thought this was pretty funny (pic inside)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by henrikrox, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That gets posted every now an then. Every two months maybe?

It's several years old btw.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The problem with that comparison, is that the iMac can also run the image on the right, often better than the Dell pictured.

Also, the iMac is about the same price for the Dell, if not cheaper, when you compare the same hardware (or similar) and similar software.

TEG

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

LOL I feel bad for the person who still has to use a external webcam

5. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I will never understand the game argument. Ever. I don't know anyone who games nor do I believe that the people who use the game argument "game."

The webcam... what happens when a laptop webcam goes out? Same thing. So I don't see what the big deal is.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

7. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

Hey, 30" ACD users are people too!

8. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

Its old...but still makes me :D

i love the "when the webcam is broken" :)

9. BehindTimes macrumors newbie

What's not to understand? I play video games, and there's no comparison to a MS based PC vs a Mac dollar for dollar. Anyone who states otherwise is a bit naive in my opinion.

Now, I'm not going to go into the whole stupid debate about which is better, as I have both an iMac and PC, and they are used for different tasks. But I can assure you there is a very large amount of people who use computers mainly as a gaming platform.

AMD alone has sold over 6 million DirectX11 capable GPU's. Over 2 million of those are for desktops instead of laptops. None of which, as I can find, are in any of the mid range base units of Dells, HPs, etc. (ie: under $1000). So, either people are purchasing more expensive computers or upgrading their PC with DX11 graphics cards for what? So that they can run MS-Word just a tad bit better?

Take a look at the iPhone. Now most games sell horribly, and I won't deny that. But several games are doing extremely well. Tap Tap Revenge has sold over 4 million copies.

Last year alone, video games had a revenue of $20 billion. The USA and Canada alone totaled about $11 billion, which is more than the USA and Canadian Box Office took in. And yes, most of it is consoles, but computers still account for about $1 billion of that ($500 million for retail sales, and about $500 for digital downloads and recurring subscriptions).

And it's not children primarily who are playing these games. The average age of your typical video gamer is 35, and surprisingly, made up of about 60% men and 40% women.

Now, the above statistics have nothing to do with games on Mac vs PC, as women tend to play more casual games, which can be played fine on either a Mac or PC, but rather to prove that games are a factor when purchasing a computer for many people.

10. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

11. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

12. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

only when i am infront of them :( :rolleyes:

13. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I guess this would bother me if I hadn't known I wouldn't be doing much gaming on my Mac. I still have a PC that I can use for gaming, but haven't felt the need/urge to even set it up again. It's just collecting dust.

14. phlavor macrumors member

Sorta true except the part where there is no iMac after the webcam breaks should be replaced by a picture of me taking an iMac apart and replacing the webcam.

15. trjwv macrumors regular

16. hajime macrumors 68030

There is a missing element that one can play Windows games under Bootcamp.

17. MacSignal macrumors regular

It made me smile, but I don't have a web cam. :D

18. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah.. I totally forgot they still don't have webcams on those. Seriously, what's up with that?! Is it just me or have ACDs not been updated in years?

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you wish to beat a horse, bring a live one, please. This has been posted a large number of times already, in the, what, two or three years since it was made?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.