Don't have low power mode!! WHY???!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Billy95Tech, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Billy95Tech, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

Billy95Tech Suspended

When I go onto settings and battery I can't see no "low power mode".

Why don't I have low power mode on my IPad Air 2 with IOS 9 installed(upgraded from IOS 8)""???!!!

By the way when Apple states "10 hours of battery life" it is not true because for some reason I am only getting 7/8 hours of screen time on my IPad Air 2 and set it!!!!

2. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I'm pretty sure Low Power mode is only for iPhones!

;)

3. newellj, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

newellj macrumors 601

Posting the same thread in two different forums five minutes apart is completely unnecessary. [edit: other thread has been deleted]

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dont-have-low-power-mode-why.1922911/

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Low power mode availability is due to the processor in the new iPhones and not OS9

5. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

What do you mean??? I thought the low power mode is a feature of IOS 9!

So it should be available for IPads as well on IOS 9!!!

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's kinda hard to have one iOS for all devices and not have unique things in each one.

How's that phone dialer app working out for you on your iPad? Oh, wait.....

7. viggen61 macrumors 6502

8. The-Pro macrumors 65816

When a company states something there is always an explanation to how they achieved these numbers. There will be a * and at the bottom of the page there will be a * and an explanation.
    Replicate the exact same conditions they used and there is a high chance you will get the same results.
    Battery life is affected my what you do on your ipad and how you do it. Screen brightness playes a major role and cpu / gpu utilization aswell.
    If your playing a game, with full display brightness, while airplaying to your tv and bluetooth on then there is a chance you only get 4-5 hours battery life, or less!
    When I use my ipad for movies I have previously gotten 11hrs 30mins, when using pages 10 hours.
    Its always different depending on usage.
    You cant say a company is lying or whatever just because your usage is different to their test usage
    Its like when you buy a car that is stated to use xx mpg / xx l/100km. Its unlikely you will recieve these numbers unless you are driving exaxtly how the company did it in the test.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Low power mode is only on phones. I suspect because how the power is saved has to do with features unique to phones.

Apple's battery estimate are actually far better than other companies, but the actually battery life depends on your usage. Apple claims up to 10 hours for the iPad mini 4. I got mine yesterday and am just now down to 51%. 6 hours and 17 minutes usage so far, so I'm on pace to get over 12 hours.

10. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

There's no technical reason why iPads can't have low power mode because all it is is just SoC frequency throttling and disabling non-critical services like what the Galaxy Tab S2 does. Apple is probably targeting iPhones first where it's need then roll it out to iPads next.

11. Billy95Tech thread starter Suspended

I really really hope you are right!!

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I guess Apple figures the iPad doesn't really need it. The iPad already gets fantastic standby time, and while it's on, the screen is the biggest battery drain, so the iPad probably wouldn't benefit much from a low power mode.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agreed. My iPhone is constantly running low on battery by the end of the day, but my iPad never has that problem. Low power mode on the iPhone has been a life saver, but I've never felt I needed it for my iPad.

14. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Yeah, I've never been able to completely drain my iPad in a single day before, and plugging it in before bed is part of my daily routine. I think a "high power" mode would benefit me more on the iPad. ;)

15. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

It's for iPhones!!! That's why!!!
    Hope that helps!!!

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Low power mode is available on every iPhone running iOS 9. It has never been available in iPads.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I think it is more important to keep my phone going.

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

You can reproduce much of low power mode by turning off wifi and BT, and reducing the brightness to 25% or less. Turning on Reduce Motion in the Accessibility control panel will also help save a bit of power by reducing system animations.

Yes, it all is more simply controlled with the iPhone's Power Save mode, but until such time that Apple implements it on the iPad, you can at least do it manually if need be.

And as for 7/8 hrs of screen on time on your iPad, you do understand that Apple's 10 hour benchmark is done with low screen brightness and under specific CPU loads, correct? Playing a CPU/GPU-stressing game at full brightness will kill the battery much faster than Apple's 10 hr. claim.

19. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The reverse is also true of iOS9 features.
    Think of split-screen view or picture-in-picture, which is for iPad only. Not available on iPhones.
    Although i DO want that microscopic split screen on my iPhone 5s.
    Come on Apple, give me all the possible features that are part of iOS9, on every device that will run iOS9, even if it is so tiny to be unusable - I still want to have it... :D