dont have VAR folder on my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by earthman06, Aug 26, 2010.

1. earthman06 macrumors newbie

i have am ipod V 3.1.3 and i used springboard to jail break it

i have installed PSX4ALL on my ipod and i need to put the roms at privet/var/root/ROMS/PSX folder and i dont have this var folder and i did created it but it didnt help
    im using both commander and ipodbrowser..

2. Zodiak macrumors regular

I've had this issue but I dont know of a solution to it. I used several browsers but I found that iFunBox was able to display the VAR folder however I am scared to think of what happened to it since you basically recreated. It was there just not displaying. The whole process of Jailbreaking adds those Var folders I do believe.

Not a solution but I hope you can see them with iFunBox.

3. earthman06 thread starter macrumors newbie

ifunbox doesnt even recognize my ipod
    and trust me my ipod is jailbroke and i still dont have the folders..

4. Zodiak macrumors regular

Yes I trust that your VAR folder isnt visible/Isnt there. It happened that once I could not see it and other iphone browsers coudnt find it, iFunBox was the only one that could.

I would say make sure your SHSH file is saved and restore your firmware and rejailbreak? Its the only thing I can think of :(

If you do restore and rejailbreak though, use the jailbreakme method by going to Safari on your browser and then going to www.jailbreakme.com then slide the slider at the bottom and it will jailbreak your device, no computer needed.

5. Abscissa macrumors regular

I use iPhone Explorer 3 and it doesn't display the VAR folder unless you change the root directory to the correct one.

6. slomifier macrumors regular

I think there's actually something in Cydia to fix this. I remember theres something you can download that fixes a folder glitch