~~dont Jailbreak 1.1.4~~

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Ilovemyipod, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

Do NOT jailbreak 1.1.4 (yet) it hasnt completely wrecked my iPod I can restore it but its just that none of my music is plays even when it says its playing in the top right hand corner. When I go to music it show me the album artwork to the song that should be playing but the little cursor doesn't move and I can't here anything (tried to headphones and still nothing). Another reason not to jailbreak I that youtube doesnt work at all NO videos work, so if your a yotube fan like me your going to be pissed.

Well that's my two cents but please take my advise in less u don't want to listen to music or watch youtube.

Thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm sorry and no offense but I wouldn't just go off one persons say so to not jailbreak, it could be that you did something wrong in your process to jailbreak it. I will be trying the ipod elite team's jailbreak tonight see how that goes.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The fact is... it depends on which jailbreak method you used and which version you were running prior to jailbreaking. If you used the soft dev-team jailbreak in installer.app while running 1.1.1... iTunes Store Purchases will not play on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 but, if you had a jailbroken 1.1.2 and used the soft upgrade... iTunes store music WILL play perfectly.

4. swearbymac07 macrumors member

I tried it

I tried it and i got nothing:

iJailbreak 0.5.4 showed a message 'Enjoy your newly JB'd iPod Touch!!'
    There was nothing but a DFU Screen. am i meant to wait after the JB for it to work properly??? and I am on a Mac btw.

So i restored..tried again...still nothing.

This morning (Australian 2nd March) I plugged it into my iMac...Nothing in iTunes....entered DFU and tried to restore...nothing. So I searched for tips...re-downloaded firmware 1.1.4 and tried. Nothing. So i used iFuntastic to boot it out of Recovery and I re-installed iTunes. Recently...I helped 'lienly' to restore his/her ipods with the method i used. I am yet to receive feedback.

I managed to fix my iPod from just displaying a 'Connect me to iTunes' image to my full-functioning iPod again.

Jailbreaking seriously screws around with the device. Do not do it. It doesnt work as anyone thinks it does. Apple placed the restrictions that JB'ing abolishes for a reason.

Can someone guide me through it on a Mac?

And make sure it will work?
    Or I will keep my iPod normal until the SDK.

Thanks

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I downgraded my ipod back to 1.1.2 from 1.1.3 to get to 1.1.4 using ipodtouchmasters jailbreak via installer for 1.1.4 and I had no problems what so ever as you can see in the post your springboards two post

6. bdsmyth macrumors regular

You say downgrade, how do you do that without restoring from 1.1.1 and then jailbreaking back to 1.1.2? Is there another option than this painful process????

7. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Whenever you upgrade with the intention of jailbreaking it again, it's ALWAYS best to just restore it into the new firmware. For example, if you are on 1.1.1 jb, and you wish to go to 1.1.4 jb, restore, don't upgrade, your iPod into 1.1.4. This ensures a clean slate. I've had several of the same issues that people have been complaining about for the simple reason that I was too impatient to restore the bugger. After a restore and jailbreak, I can confirm that everything works perfectly fine.