Don't Judge me LOL - Veency Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jan 6, 2012.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

The fact that I need to ask this questions makes me feel like a complete n00b, but I assure you, I'm not! LOL

Alrite so this is the situation...

I installed VEENCY through Cydia. Easy-Peasy.

Then, I installed VNC Viewer on my Mac... (tried a few: VNC Viewer, Chicken of the VNC, Vine Viewer) -- None of them will work.

I am aware that I should be getting a popup on the iPhone with an Accept or Reject button - I know what the popup looks like because I've had this working many months ago... back when I was on iOS 4.3.3 I think...

I am also aware of how to get my IP address from SBSettings and the WiFi Tab/NetWorkName Blue Arrow...

But... for some reason, this isn't working.

I've tried the 192.168.2.14 (which is just an IP that works on my network within the house, which is fine, it's worked before... )

Am I missing something here?

I am on iOS 5.0.1. iPhone 4.

any help would be awesome - for realz.. the universe will be on your side ;-)

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What exactly is happening that those clients are not working? Are you getting a error message? (if you do post it), are you getting a connection Time out?, is the client crashing? etc. that will give us a better idea on where to star looking, I had some issues with VNC and it was my router firewall setting filtering out that traffic (I didn't know since it was a new router), not saying is that case here bit it could be due to many things.

3. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

did you switch veency on via sbssettings/setting and/or entered a password?

4. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much for the speedy reply - I very much appreciate it!

Alrite so this is what is going on...

With all the applications, I would try and connect - and No Popup On the iPhone, and then eventually I would get a Connection Timed out or... Connection Refused.

Now get this.. I just figured this out by a mistake -- I installed an another package from Cydia (not related to VNC stuff) and then I respring, but before that, I forgot that I had a pending 'connection' from VNC Viewer to my phone, so when I resprang the phone, on the Lock Screen - I got the Popup for Accept or Reject - I found this to be STRANGE... So.. I hit Accept.. NOthing. Didnt work.

This is what I did... I resprang again... unlocked the Phone... THEN tried VNC Viewer - and Voila.. I got the Popup again, hit accept.. and it worked?!

Didn't work from the Lock Screen... thats alrite.

But it seems like Im only getting a ONE shot Deal to VNC to the phone -- right after a respring.

Is there something strange going on here? lol i do believe so!

EDIT:

This is what I had installed.

Activator
    Backgrounder
    iFile
    OpenSSH
    Remove Background
    SBSettings
    SpringFlash
    Veency
    Zephyr

(There are a few others, but those I dont think matter, such as Substrate for SafeMode, Serious Sbsettings HD, Sbsettingstoggles...etc..)

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

sounds like a conflict with another package you have installed, anything that deal with notification and popup blockers (Lock info, Notification center modifiers, Themes, etc).

6. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bizarre... this was my initial thought... the joys of jailbreaking, somethings work in funny ways!

Thanks for your time - it's always nice to 'talk' about an issue out loud to get it solved (for the most part)

:)

7. ShawnD macrumors newbie

I'm trying to hook up my mac to my tv. I bought the dvi - vga adapter cord, and then I bought a vga - hdmi cord to go into my tv. The tv says there is no signal. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks so much.

8. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

Wrong forum!

Open setting on your Mac and click on display and detect displays - should work and a little playing around until you get it right. May also be worth while doing a restart on your Mac too...