Dont know the Iphone passcode ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klee541, Oct 1, 2010.

1. klee541 macrumors newbie

Help...

I think I've made a big mistake!

I repair smashed I phone screens and lcds so was looking on ebay and found one that was advertised as damaged I phone. I read the description and it said selling as damaged as the LCD and screen are broken but it does power up.

So i bought it for £100. Now I have it i have started to try repair it but cant get it to power on. It reacts to I tunes though but an error message comes up saying it is locked with a pass code. So ive emailed the seller who worryingly has said he doesnt know the passcode. His excuse is it was a friends. Ive asked him to ask the friend he says he doesnt have his contact number....

Does any one know
    1) why it might not be powering on at all (the volume button doesnt vibrate) but it does answer to I tunes if i hold the on/off and the home button
    2) what i can do by not knowing the passcode that i tunes is asking for?!??

Im feeling a bit sick that i may have just wasted £100 as the auction was strictly no returns so for repair

2. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Contact and ask the seller.

3. klee541 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies

I have been in constant contact with the seller hes now changed his story, He says his mate is refusing to give the passcode as he doesnt want some stranger seeing all his personal stuff :mad: hes getting funny with me now saying it was sold spare or repair and basically for me to get lost!

and i tried the DFU mode thing and it just wont go past the error message!!

Think its going to have to go to phone shop which is going to cost a fortune

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Unfortunately "buyer beware" is something you should always practice
    These types of "deals" are not always what they seem

5. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

I have experienced this no less than 20 times. I have been unlocking iphones since the first gen unlock was out. It can and needs to be restored by putting it in dfu mode.

If you are technical enough to replace the screen then that should be easy. If you still can't figure it out then go to craigslist and search iphone unlock and find a local hacker to do it for you. I would imagine $20-25 USD would cover it. Good luck!

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What error message?
    If you do a dfu restore it will wipe everything and passcode and everything will be deleted.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034