Don't know what to do (yellow tint) Lottery games?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Feb 15, 2014.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Hello there,

Tommorow is my last day to ask for a refund for my new Rmbp 15 inch. It has the samsung display LSN154YL01-A01.

Unfortunately, there is a slight yellow shadow in the center of the screen. It's not really annoying but it's noticeable (My wife says it's almost invisible to her). I see it even more clearly when the computer is booting up with the grey backgound and the apple logo.

Should I return this computer just for this? I know the yellow tint issue thread, people got 3-4-5 screens and all of them experienced some yellow tint issues....now, i need a computer to work with, my old one died.

Are they going to ask me anything if I want a refund at the Apple store? If I decide to get a refund, should I erase everything that I put in it (music mainly?)

Is there a chance of getting a better screen buying online and directly from China? Or ask for a new computer at the same Apple store?

As anyone got a perfect screen after asking for replacement? Are my hopes too high? I don't want to end up with a worse computer.

Thank you for your help.

2. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

If you notice it and it annoys you slightly right now, I suggest you exchange it. You're probably gonna get a better screen

3. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi there,

Yes I am going to return it tomorrow at the apple store and order a new one on the website. What I am worried about is that a lot of people exchanged theirs like 4-5 times before getting an even display.

4. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Please Post back what did you get ? Did you get a Good Screen after you exchanged ? :)

5. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

you have already decided, however yes return it for one that works correctly.

These are not entry level computers.

6. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Have you try to calibrate it? Some people here had posted calibration profiles for Samsung; I had a 2012 15" rMBP and the calibrated profile took care of the yellow tint. If I were you would keep it since Samsungs are not prone to IR and some people are still reporting IR with the newer LG screens. The other option I suggest is that you exchange at the store and check right there what you get (Samsung or LG)

7. zeiter thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi there, yes I did try to calibrate it but some people are funny. A $2800 machine shouldn't need calibration (I'm not talking about color accuracy) but about uniformity....

What if I check right there and the next one has a yellow tint issue...im not sure they will just let me open 5-6-7 boxes until i get one that satisfies me.

8. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Do it. Its a pricey computer, and i think you will likely get a good screen, tell us later what happened :).

9. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

The good thing trying another one in the store is you don't have to wait for delivery (I'm assuming your configuration is available at the store)