Dont know what to do.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IamOctavius, Jun 29, 2011.

1. IamOctavius macrumors newbie

I would like to basically wipe my Macbook Pro and start anew. Time machine is giving me errors etc. All i need is my music (which is spread out all over the computer and I am afraid of losing some of it) my movies, photos, emails, etc. I also want my serato, audacity, reason, cubase, wow, etc to remain installed so i dont have to reinstall (if anyone knows these programs it takes FOREVER to install all of them). Basically I have 9 gb left of 260 and have no idea where all this information is (granted i have tons of music and videos, both bought on itunes and "special videos" ;) that i want to keep. any help would be great.

2. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

That's where it is. Videos are usually pretty large in size, and if you have "tons" of music and videos, it can eat up GBs pretty fast. If you keep all your music, videos, photos, and apps, you're not really deleting much except tiny-sized system and preference files.

I'd consider getting a larger hard drive (500GB is about $50) or an external drive for some of your lesser-used files. You could also try and remove the language packs, etc. from your installation, which would free up a few GB, but not anything major.

3. miamirulz29 macrumors member

You need to tell us how many GB your data holds on your hard drive. Personally, I recommend with the above poster and get a a bigger hard drive. There is no way to wipe your macbook pro without reinstalling those programs.

4. simsaladimbamba

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

6. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a