Don't like dynamic wallpapers in iOS 8.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kmj2318, Nov 1, 2014.

1. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'm one of the few that actually like using dynamic wallpapers, but they messed them up in iOS 8. The bubbles used to be in the same location when you returned to the home screen or woke up the device. No each time you leave an app or wake from sleep l, the bubbles load up from a blank screen. I don't know if it is to improve performance or a bug (I never noticed a performance hit using them before).

2. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

It has to be a bug, I don't know if iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users are having that issue but I notice it here on iPhone 5. When 8.0 first launched the wallpaper bubbles took a long time to load, now it loads fine except for the bug you and I notice

3. kmj2318 thread starter macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'm seeing it on my 6, 6 plus, and 5s. I'm wondering if it's to target a specific device. Maybe the 6 plus had trouble with it, and instead of just changing it there, they changed it everywhere. Changing it on just one device would be very damning.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I believe I noticed it on my iPhone 6. It was the first day with the device, had no good pictures for a wallpaper yet and I sort of got bored of the iOS 8 still wallpapers from using iOS 8 on my iPad for quite awhile. So yeah I chose a dynamic wallpaper and noticed that everytime I woke my phone I looked at a really boring gradient for a long time, and then the bubbly things would finally load. I usually like to have one of the dynamic wallpapers for the lock screen only, and Touch ID is so fast I never even see anything other than a gradient :p

5. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

It also loads even after opening and exiting an app as well.. 0_0

6. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

The bubbles also reloads when you enter app switcher. Pretty annoying IMHO.