Don't like Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by avoskorm, Jun 20, 2009.

1. avoskorm macrumors newbie

I'm getting a Macbook Pro soon and I wanted to get a mouse for it. I needed it to be bluetooth and full-size (I have big hands). Of course it's nearly impossible to find these two together in one product, but I did!

Here's a link to a great mouse:
    http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT600.aspx

It's fullsize, laser, bluetooth, and you can recharge it by connecting it to a usb port. It's a great alternative to the Mighty Mouse.

The only problem is the price, does anyone know of a similar mouse that's cheaper?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I had mixed feeling when the wired one was out(only)..i bought it, used it, but then I upgraded to the BT one click. I loved it, and used it until it broke very recently. At which point I "borrowed" my brothers BT Might Mouse, and it has since grown on me..I don't really use the buttons, but the scroll ball is something I like

3. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I have a Logitech V470 that I bought for use with my MacBook Pro however, I find it far too laggy. I bought a wireless mighty mouse the other day after initially rejecting it. So far I like it.

4. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

I just got the Logitech MX Revolution a few weeks ago and really like it. It's wireless and does not lag at all. It comes with a charger (Batteries not required) and the charge lasts a long time. Very customizable as well. Got it for $49.99 at Best Buy when they had a sale but the price has gone back to $99.99 now. You might be able to get a good deal online though.

[​IMG]

5. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

There is a Bluetooth MX Revolution also. But it only comes in the MX5500 set. You can probably buy the set and sell the keyboard. I use the RF MX Revolution. Paid about $50 for it over a year ago. Excellent mouse and Logitech support is the best.

6. the2j macrumors member

the2j

how about the bluetooth MX revolution
    I have the wireless version and absolutely love it !

7. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Yeah, I heard about the bluetooth version. I even played with it a little at Office Depot.

But the USB wireless one works fine for me since I'm on an iMac. For mobile users, it might be better to get bluetooth. Both are great though. Very responsive and comfortable. I took my Mighty Mouse to my work, so it's still being used but it's nothing like the MX Revolution on my home computer. :)

8. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

9. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

Just bought a MBP and wanted a bluetooth mouse. The MM seems nice but the scroll problems and price where a big deterrent. I did some searching and found the Rocketfish Bluetooth laser mouse had great reviews.

It's $25 online but I went to Best Buy and it was only $18. I've been using it for a few hours and it works very well. Their is no lag after you start the computer, and it is designed to look great with a Mac (no big 'Microsoft' logo in the middle of it).
    It's the same size as my old one button Apple mouse (same as MM) but a tiny bit taller. The only drawback is the scroll wheel is a little loud, but that may change with time.
    For $18 I couldn't be happier with it, it looks great, works great, and the scroll wheel can't get stuck like a MM.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8795119&type=product&id=1205537714540

10. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Well, just went to Best Buy again and it looks like the MX Revolution is back on sale again for $49.99 (Originally $99.99). Quite a steal. I would get one before they raise the price again. :rolleyes:

11. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I went through several MX Revolution mice on my previous windows computer. The problem with this mouse is that black rubber band around the scroll wheel is not glued on but just stretched around the wheel. Over time it gets slack in it which causes drag on the scroll wheel mechanism and the great free-scroll mode degrades quickly. Frustrating. On my third replacement mouse, I just cut the damn thing off and used it without the black rubber insert. Looks ugly and feels odd but at least it worked.

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Am I the only one who repulses the mice that look like they belong on the controls of the Millennium Falcon? My mom has the Microsoft wireless mouse I had from my PC days, and it's not *too* bad. But it's still one of those that is totally asymmetric and looks (in my opinion) like it came out of a defect factory.

Personally, my MM has been worth it and pretty reliable. Yes, the trackball does its thing from time to time. But I just use a little rubbing alcohol, beat the living pizz out of it -- OK, just push really hard and scroll in every direction -- and it has always been fixed. I think this one is about three years old now. I use rechargable batteries that I just have to stick in the charger for 15 minutes about every six weeks.

To each his or her own, but I think the Mighty Mouse gets a bad rap. I wish it was maybe a little larger and could eventually have a touch pad instead of a ball, but for now it's pretty darn good.

13. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

I cant stand the MM at all, I love my MX Rev. and Mx 510, take that over the MM anyday, I find the MM to feel very very cheap...

Thats just my opinion tho ;)

14. three macrumors 6502a

three

I personally love the Mighty Mouse. Mine has gone through a lot, and has had TOO many scroll wheel problems, but hey it still works.

15. nite41 Guest

16. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I just picked up the Radtech BT600.... It is actually smaller then what I was thinking. It is full sized but feels smaller to me (My desktop mouse is an MX1100.. maybe that is why?)
    I also found the mouse feels like cheap plastic.. For a mouse in this price range
    I was expecting better build quality like a logitech mouse. he top has a rubber coating, makes using the mouse much nicer. The left/right click buttons are rubber too.

I also found the side buttons were very stiff and loud... You get used to the stiffness but the loud click is worse the the right/left click!

Though the mouse does pair up with the macbook easily. No need for extra software unless you want to use the side buttons. The software must be downloaded from their site no cd is included. I found the software really nice and allowed me to modify the keys, acceleration etc. The interface is also nicer, not as ugly as the logitech mouse software (IMO)

Overall I find the mouse pretty good and would recommend it. It had every thing I wanted (Bluetooth, full size, side buttons, rechargeable).
    Only downfalls are the cheap plastic feeling and the stuff buttons. I am hoping the stiffness goes away after time though.

17. bigrobb macrumors 6502a

i just got the logitech mx revolution mouse because i didnt really like the mighty mouse and the wheel on the mighty mouse would sometimes work and sometimes not but the logitech mouse is usually 99.99 but its on sale at best buy for 39.99 so far I love it if anyone was thinking about getting check out best buy its on sale now.

18. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

There have been plenty of posts about mice - The radtech one has been discussed at length. Just search. I didn't like mine...