Don't Listen To Amazon!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NateDogX, Apr 20, 2010.

1. NateDogX macrumors member

No, this is not as bad as the headline might seem. I ordered a MacBook Pro 13" yesterday (link: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1271790323&sr=8-1) from Amazon. At that time, it said that they were out of stock, but would have more by 4/22.

I placed my order and got a delivery date of next Monday (4/26 with a Prime trial and next-day air for $3.99). To my pleasant surprise, Amazon just e-mailed saying that the unit has shipped and will arrive TOMORROW!! Moral of the story is, just order the damn laptop and you just might be pleasantly surprised with the time it takes to reach you.

2. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

I always read that it was a really bad idea to buy apple products from amazon. If i can remember correctly it has something to do with returning items/warranties.

3. acrafton macrumors 6502

I always buy my Macs from Amazon (2 IMacs and 3 Macbooks). Never an issue and one had a problem and they accepted immediately and paid return shipping. When I replace my existing MBP it will be from Amazon.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Over the last few years, I've returned two MacBook Pros to Amazon with no hassle.

I remember one person on here, who returned a lot (I think it was more than 5) in short order (he was unhappy with the screens) and Amazon ended up closing his Amazon account.

5. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

They have a 15% restocking fee for returns, NOT exchanges if something doesn't work. The biggest headache is the time that it could take to get the exchange to properly go through. I've never had a problem with Amazon electronics orders, so my fingers are crossed on this one. Plus, the couple hundred bucks I saved with no-tax and the small discount was too much to turn away.

6. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

7. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

It's unbelievable to me how nice (most) people are on this forum. I work for a HUGE site that has a massive forum and there are so many trolls on there it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone, much less have someone say, "guess I was wrong."

Very refreshing indeed. :)

8. gothamm macrumors 6502a

we're all rainbows and pink bunnies here.

9. kyleh613 macrumors regular

I don't blame Amazon for doing that lol. To them it probably seemed like he was trying to abuse one of Amazon's policies.

10. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a member of pbnation.com, there is nothing but a bunch dicks on there; when I found out about this site I was amazed how mature everyone is.

I have no problem admitting when I have been proven wrong. If I am proven wrong that means I learned something and I am good with that ;)

11. MTD's Mac macrumors regular

MTD's Mac

It's true. I ordered my 13" 2.4 on April 15th, which was the first day Amazon had them. The original arrival date was May 5th. The truth? It'll be here tomorrow, April 21st. So, you know, it's "give or take two weeks."

12. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

Now my only question is: Is there some sort of "Cool Downloads That Every Mac Should Have" article for me to get started when I get my MBP? Any general tips since this is my first Mac of any kind?

13. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

Istat pro is really useful and VLC! thats two that I can think of off the top of my head.

14. GeorgeCWB macrumors member

cringe :D

15. NateDogX thread starter macrumors member

Istat or Coconut Battery? Which would you guys recommend?

16. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

Istat Pro is what I use and it is amazing!