Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mholtz2323

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I don't need a phone since i am with verizon wireless till October. I want to either get an iphone or an ipod touch to use basically for the same thing(e-mail, web, youtube, googlemaps,calender,etc). However, is there any major advantages of having the iphone (without using the phone/texting part) over the ipod touch?
I know the iphone has the cameras, but anything else?

drb6

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
I don't see any advantages but there sure are disadvantages. I would think the battery life of the ipod touch would be better off without the extras of the iphone. and you can get more capacity for the money or more capacity flat out if you need a 32 gig. iphone is also a tad bulkier than the Touch.

If you don't need the phone, I don't see the point of buying an iphone.

Edit: Oh and Congrats on your first post!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just get an iPod touch and use it until your contract expires, then sell the touch to help buy the iPhone. Plus, getting the iPhone early reduces your Apple Care time, which is negated if you jailbreak it so you don't have to activate with at&t.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.