Don't remember Yahoo Security Answer for Email Account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly800, Jan 5, 2015.

1. pauly800 Suspended

So i have had no issues logging into yahoo and my other accounts at home. However im currently at the airport right now and i actually had cleared my internet history before this. I log into my yahoo email and put in the password, and now it says i cannot log in unless i answer 2 security questions. I put the first answer right but the 2nd question im not sure what the answer is. I answered it few times but didnt went over 5 times b/c i know it would get my account locked.

It also gives me the option to call my voice number. The issue with this is the phone number is an old landline that i no longer use. Also it can't receive sms messages or text messages b/c its a landline. And of course that phone number is no longer valid.

How am i suppose to log into my yahoo account now? Very frustrating b/c i needed to check some important emails and reply back to them but now i cannot do this since i have no idea why i have to answer these security questions. Again 1st question i know answer, 2nd question i don't.

Can someone tell me how i can solve this problem asap? I need to check some email at airport right now and i cannot believe this is happening. Does it have to do with me clearing my internet browsing history or is it most likely me logging into my email at the airport and its my first time logging into it from it?

2. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I think you're screwed. You may never be able to use that email account again.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

More than likely, it is because you cleared your cache and Yahoo wants to make sure you are the proper account holder. If you can't answer the security questions, you are going to be locked out of that account.

I know this doesn't help you now but... In the future, use a good password manager like 1Password, where you can store passwords and security questions / answers for retrieval in cases like this.