"Don't Replace" option while copying the same filenames

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ASAP, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ASAP, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

ASAP macrumors newbie

Hi

Is there anyway to get back the "Don't Replace" function when copying a group of same file names between the folders? Sometimes I want to copy a bunch of files and would like to skip those file with the same file names in another folder. With Lion, either I have to replace it (use more time to replace the file) or keep both files with renaming the files automatically by Lion. Any help? Thanks.

2. vargus macrumors newbie

Having the same concerns, should have merge and replace/dont replace options ... like they've had on windows forever ....

3. ASAP thread starter macrumors newbie

4. amazingworld macrumors newbie

Stupid change

Apple should NEVER have killed this piece of functionality. I'm a power user. I know what "don't replace" means.

Headed back to 10.6.x with Time Machine until Lion is fixed...

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

I've actually seen and used the "Don't Replace" button a few times in Lion; likely in some unusual circumstance involving multiple hard drives. So the funtionality is still there. Just need to figure how to access it reliably.

6. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Yeah i hope apple will fix this it's really annoying.

7. misslizz1 macrumors newbie

"Don't Replace"

I am also having trouble with this, and in trying to discern an answer was appalled to learn there is no decisive user guide. Checked through finder for options that might enable this in copying, but couldn't find any thing. If anyone knows how to do this, it would be a lifesaver to my workflow!!!!!