Don't set your iPhone time fwd.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skabadelic, Sep 25, 2011.

1. skabadelic macrumors member

So, I was just bored, and messing around with the settings. I accidentally set my date to one year ahead. I noticed it just as I was hitting the home button. So, I intended to go directly back into settings and fix it.

A message popped up saying, "You're iPhone hasn't been updated in 52 weeks, etc..." There was no option but to hit OK. So, I hit OK. Immediately, it sent me back to he start up screen, as if I had just restored my phone.

It tells me to set location services on or off, it also says to pick a network [as usual], then it tells me to activate my iPhone. When I click activate, it says that I can not activate my iPhone because my server can not be found. It gives me the option to plug it into my computer and activate through iTunes.

iTunes recognizes it as already activated [because it is]. My only option is to restore and lose a month's worth of data.

Lesson learned, I suppose.

Actually, it won't even let me restore from the last backup. : /

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Did you try a 'hard reset'?

Also, is this iOS 5?

3. skabadelic thread starter macrumors member

I did try a hard reset, yes. I am also using iOS5 beta. I thinks that my software has expired, and it wants to update to a newer one. There, obviously, isn't a newer one.

I finally gave up after an hour of trying things, and I've entered DFU mode. I am in the process of waiting three hours [!] for it to download the last official release.

I'll go from there, if it works. I assume I'll just have to restore from my last back up. Here's to hoping...

4. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Yea, it's simply the beta expired. At least we know GM will be out in a year from now :D

5. skabadelic thread starter macrumors member

Well, the download finished early. However, I'm now getting a 1604 error. I am going to assume that it's because I have the iTunes 10b7 version installed. Going to revert that to the last official as well. Hopefully that works. :confused:

6. skabadelic thread starter macrumors member

That didn't work, either. After having to manually delete my iTunes libraries because "they were created with a newer version of iTunes" :rolleyes: I tried updating to no avail.

I am at a loss, if any body has advice.

7. dqfayi macrumors regular

Maybe activity of hardset will solve your trouble.:apple:

8. skabadelic thread starter macrumors member

I got it to work, finally. I removed all traces of iTunes and iPhone from my system. I installed iTunes 10b7, and then restored my phone wth iOS5b7. I lost a lot of info, but I have a working device.

I shouldn't develop on my main device. I knew this already, but never imagined something like this would actually happen. Lessons learned. This can be marked as resolved.