Don't Sit on the Fence too Long

Discussion in 'iPad' started by captmatt, Mar 10, 2012.

1. captmatt macrumors regular

I'm surprised that the shipping date has only slipped to March 19th so far! However, I think that once people see the retina display the sales rate will increase dramatically.

It reminds me of the original iPad. They didn't sell too fast at first, but once people actually saw them, they rapidly sold out. People didn't "get it" until they held one.

The same will be true of the new iPad--once people see it, they'll "get it".

BTW, letting the moniker be the "new iPad" is genius. We have an original iPad in the house and we call the latest iPad the "new iPad". So instead of telling people I have the iPad three, I'll just say I have the new iPad. They'll understand! :apple:

2. homeboy macrumors 6502

You are absolutely right. I sold my iPad 2 and on Friday by boss asked whether I regret selling it because the iPad 3 is bascially the "same thing". I said no :)

A friend of mine who has the iPad 2 isn't too bothered either but once he experiences the new Retina Display, it will render his device second rate, and that will be the same case for a coworker of mine who got a 64GB iPad 2 with 3G for christmas.

Can't wait to see theirs and mine facial expression when I unbox the device and demo Sky Gambler at work. Jaws will drop and iPad 2s will flood the market :p

3. bobright macrumors 601

I dont think itll get pushed back much, plus you can always grab one at probably Target, Walmart etc soon they were better prepared this time around it seems.

4. BillGates69 macrumors newbie

All pre orders on Apple sites outside USA have 2-3 week delay since yesterday, I imagine USA is close behind. Once the media picks up on the delays and Apple rolls out their commercial blitz showing off the retina display, it will be chaos.

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I think Apple may have got large stocks of the iPad ready. I won't be surprised if there are some really crazy sales numbers for the launch.

Be careful of any splinters from sitting on the fence.

6. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I think if you haven't ordered yet, your best bet would be to get to an Apple store on the morning of the launch. Since there's preorders available I don't think the wait will be extreme like it was last year.