Don't sleep while playing music?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mal, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I have a bit of a problem that I'm betting can probably only be solved with a hack. I've got a jailbroken iPod, so that's not really an issue (wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case).

I have my iPod set to auto-lock (sleep) after 1 minute. I would prefer to have the iPod stay on until I put it to sleep, but unfortunately, I forget to lock in manually too often for that to work (drained the battery a few times by leaving it running with a game up on the screen). The trick is, I'd really love to have the screen stay on while I'm driving, because I like seeing what's playing without having to hit a button and change the tracks without either unlocking or having to locate a button that's in a different position than I'm used to.

What I would like to do is simply have the iPod sleep after a minute or so while in an application or on the home screen, with the exception of the music app. While I'm in the music app, I want it to never auto-sleep.

Any thoughts, or am I dreaming too high?

jW

2. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

That doesn't seem too far-fetched to be possible. but it hasn't been done yet, as far as I know.