Dont trust the shipping dates!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by antman2x2, Apr 10, 2015.

1. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, just putting in my 2 cents here.

Over the last few years of pre ordering iPhones, I've gotten a crappy shipping date numerous times in the initial e-mail, and still got it on launch day.

There are a lot of people buying and apple probably doesn't have a grip on stock/orders right now. They are most likely taking in as many orders as they can for now, and will get a grip on actual stock later.

Of course, this is a new product and I can be wrong but I have indeed experienced this before with iPhone pre orders.

So to all my "3:04AM, and I got the May 13th - May 27th date" and even later friends, don't worry. Lets see what happens!

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

We will see! I have a 3:01am May 13th, etc. Guess they just don't have those available to ship.

3. Docd62 macrumors regular

Mine says available to ship in June. I'm not sure they even had a stock for the space black.

4. andrewmaj macrumors regular

The most sensible thing posted all night. It happens every release of a new item. Let their computers catch up. Within a week or so the accurate dates will start showing up.

5. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Any iPhone pre-orders I have made always had delivery on the launch day. However with the watch you are given a range. Its like they didn't even started to make the watch and are just guessing when they will have enough made.

6. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

I have a 3:07 email cause I was looking for a place to enter gift card on the app and couldn't get the site to come up but I eventually gave up on using the gift card at the moment and still got in the 4-24 window!

7. Beeray macrumors regular

I ordered the sport 42mm white band to ship 4/24-5/8

8. pheenix11 macrumors regular

This is true, I went through the same thing with the iPhone 6 and they gradually moved up the shipping day and I ended up getting it on launch day.

9. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

This. I'm not 100% sure that those that say later will be bumped up. I think most of the 4/24 people will get it on 4/24, but people with ranges after that are likely to really wait. however, I still think the pre-order was your best bet at getting one ASAP.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Basically there are 18 models of iPhone 6 to produce, and 10 models of Watch to produce(not counting the watch bands).

Hopefully this means that there will be a somewhat quicker manufacturing to consumer timeframe...

11. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I dunno, I'm hopeful and I think you could well be right. But with my iPhone orders I've always been pretty lucky and had delivery for launch day confirmed right off the bat, this is the first time I've had a date range for an order. But I'm cautiously optimistic :D

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

so very true. Companies love to under promise and over deliver.

13. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Mine's June too, 3:07 order. Others with slightly earlier orders said they have May dates.

I REALLY hope they come sooner than the email says. My iPhone 6 plus experience was the opposite. Original ship date was October 27, but delayed to around November 10.

14. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I hope you're right, my email receipt was at 3:01!

15. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No way! 3:01 and you got a delayed date?!!?

16. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yep, 4-6 weeks for the space black ss.

17. Sharkey311 Suspended

Do you think we will see ours get bumped to launch day with that date range? If so, I may hold off on canceling.

18. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

at this rate, the second software update will already be available by the time we are using it

19. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Listen to the OP, very wise words.

I've preordered 4 iPhones, the original iPad & iMac all in the past (& just now the Watch & new MacBook).... I've gotten some crazy dates, but I've always received my items on launch day. I will be honest though and say that I have a feeling that the Watches are in really short supply this time... However, like the OP said, dates given by Apple tend to be the "worst case scenario" and this is a safety valve to protect themselves from irate customers "you said I'd get my Apple Car on February 29th but it is March 1st already!! Where is it??". The dates given will only improve, if anything.

20. viachicago22 macrumors 6502

viachicago22

I didn't realize this has happened before. Good to know.

21. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

what's that from..

22. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

That's the iOS "Trust this Computer?" dialogue - I just went in and replaced some of the text in Photoshop.