don't understand php stuff

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Super20, May 27, 2007.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I'm using iWeb and I want to put my iCal calendar I've made up for our music events at school on to the webpage. I'd use google calendars, but I've set up different colors for different groups. I've tried to figure out icalexchange, but all I can get it to do is to link to a .ics file that downloads. This would be great if everyone had a mac or could figure out what to do with it. I want to make a link to the calendar I've created in iCal that is viewable on the iWeb page I've created. I've also found out about phpiCalendar and it looks like what i Need to use, but i have no idea (even after reading through some of the topics about it) how to use it. Anyone have some way for me to do this?

2. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

just publish it to dotmac from inside of ical, there is an option. It is under Calendar -> Publish

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

Of course you would need an overpriced dot mac account for that. That would be the easy option though.

4. dunc85 macrumors regular

OK, well you're going to need either a web hosting which supports PHP (this may be easier but slightly more expensive).

Or you can run it from your mac, using web sharing. This would be cheaper, but probably more complicated.

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

get hosting from 1&1 if you're in the us or uk. I hav'ent tried them, but ther are dirt cheap.

6. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

7. dunc85 macrumors regular

OK well first you should try the instructions for instaling on a webhost here:

http://phpicalendar.net/documentation/index.php/Installation

which basically involves uploading the phpical folder then browsing to the url you installed it at. You might be able to get started without having to edit the config file.
    Try it and find out. It should display the sample calendars.

8. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

1&1 in the US are great in the UK they are horrible. Better off with godaddy.