Don't understand the 2wire problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by duggram, Jul 24, 2011.

1. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

I can't download Lion because I have a Qwest 2wire modem. Why?

I can download updates, and did so with about a GB of them yesterday. But when I try to download Lion I get the "Waiting..." icon. My purchase shows in the App Store. I called AppleCare and they couldn't explain it, or help me.

I'm crushed for time this weekend and couldn't get to the store. I travel for work and will try to download Lion when I have lots of time tomorrow night at my hotel.

BTW this is a documented problem for Apple that has gone on for at least 3 years that I know of. But I haven't found a good explanation yet for why some Apple downloads are not compatible with 2wire modems. Can someone explain it?

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I have a 2Wire modem and it works fine for me. Where are the documented problems noted? If you gave us a link mebbe we could help.

I'd try using different dns servers, maybe opendns or Google's. I had ipv6 problems once; since switching servers no more problems.

Rob

3. CenturyLink macrumors newbie

CenturyLink

Hey duggram, this is B with the Talk To Qwest Team. I'm not sure why this may be happening, but I'll be happy to look into this for you. If you want us to help out, send me an e-mail to TalkToUs@Qwest.com, and I'll research this for you.

Thanks,

B
    Talk To Qwest Team