Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAndrew07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Porto, Portugal
Today I've updated the App to the version 2.3.0 (this update is recommended for retina MacBook users) and after I've updated the tweets no longer showed up as well as direct messages (see image below). So if you don't have a retina MacBook don't update otherwise this will happen since I'm not the only one complaining about this bug. If someone could send me the previous version of the app since I don't have a backup of it would be great! ;)

Attachments

• tweetermacbug.jpg
    tweetermacbug.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
I've updated to 2.3.0 and it seems to be working ok.
Might be worth trashing the plist's and other files associated with the Twitter App and then set it up again.

MacAndrew07

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Porto, Portugal
I'm browsing it in CleanMyMac and holy cow, there's a lot of things you could delete.

Why don't you give it a try?

I already did using AppleCleaner what I really need is someone with the old version who could send it to me :). Since every other Twitter App requires OS X 10.7+ and I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6 and the only App compatible with SL is Twitter own Mac client

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Weird, I'm running 2.3.0 and no issues. Why are you still on SL, by the way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.