Don't Update To 2.1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrdcharleston, Jan 30, 2016.

1. mrdcharleston macrumors member

I had to send in my  watch in right after the 2.1 update due to battery life issues. I reset/unpaired 3 times and the issue was present.  has had my watch for about a week now.

2. MarcoLive, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

MarcoLive macrumors newbie

MarcoLive

I did it since 1st day it's been released.
    No issues at all

Might it possible you installed an app which drains battery. Maybe cause of its settings.
    I'm just guessing cause I found hard to believe in os bug.

3. mrwilly25 macrumors member

No issues as well since the day 2.1 was released

4. youngbro macrumors newbie

youngbro

5. mrdcharleston thread starter macrumors member

Well that's great to hear! I googled "2.1 and battery drain" and I'm not the only one having this problem. So I'm just giving everyone a heads up. Like my battery would probably last 4-5 hours on a full charge. I do listen to music on my iPhone at work. This other watch owner said he thinks that the watch is acting like its also playing the music which could be leading to the issue.

6. mac666er, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

mac666er macrumors regular

As I have 3 watches, I had no choice but to update (to ver 2.2) to not have to unpair them every day I decided to wear a different watch.

2 of the 3 had no issues. The last one ran the battery out in 2 hrs. But a reboot fixed it.

7. mrdcharleston thread starter macrumors member

I don't have any apps installed.

8. Cibike macrumors member

Cibike

no problems here either... around 7am unplugged from night stand charger and in the end of the they, there is still around 75% left (42mm version)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm on 2.1 and except for one issue recently, I've not had any problems in fact, I've probably had more battery issues on WatchOS1 then version 2.

10. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Did you shutdown both iPhone and AW, boot up iPhone 1st, wait for all thing booted, then boot up AW?

My work fine after upgrade, but I always follow above process to ensure AW with 2.1 get to sync with iPhone Wu latest iOS.

Also there could be 3rd party AW is NOT tested and updated to 2.1, which might eat more battery.
    You could find out which one by only run Apple native app, then turn on one at one time and monitor.

11. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

No issues here as well, since updating battery life has improved :)