Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huanbrother

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
CHINA
I just had my series 4 44mm GPS model for one day, because my old series 2 has been upgraded to 5.1 beta 1, I updated the new series 4 too.

Then, the battery life had been, horrible. Literally 10% power draw for 1 hour? So DON'T accidentally upgrade to the 5.1 beta yet!

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
I had bad battery issues on my series 4 Apple Watch on the first day but for the last few days it’s been fine.

Are you still having those issues?

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I had bad battery issues on my series 4 Apple Watch on the first day but for the last few days it’s been fine.

Are you still having those issues?

I upgraded to watchOS 5.1 beta 1 and noticed my battery was at 16% by 5pm. Mind you I walked for 1 1/2 hours tracking my pace. But on watchOS 5.0 on a series 3 I never went that low, even tracking a half marathon.

I’m hoping beta 2 comes out soon to fix the battery drain!
FYI:

I turned off analytics on the iPhone. As it was sending diagnostics from watch to phone. Could be cause of battery drain.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I've had extremely poor battery life with AW series 4 on 5.0. I moved everything over from my series 3 and it just hasn't gotten any better. I'm getting half a day before having to charge. I'll have to just start from scratch this week and see how it turns out. Otherwise I'll head to the Apple Store this coming weekend and see if I need a replacement due to a faulty battery. Because something is really wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.