Don't want iPhoto on my iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrVegas, Dec 25, 2009.

1. MrVegas macrumors regular

Can somebody please tell me how to disable iPhoto on my iPhone???

Every time I plug my iPhone into my Mac for charging, iPhoto gets launched. I don't want this to happen.

2. MrVegas thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. This was very helpful, but when I look at the tutorial it seems that I might not have the most recent version of Image Catcher. I searched for it on Apple's website but could not find it.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's "Image Capture." It's a part of OS X. Now if you have Snow Leopard, and it's properly updated, it should have the latest IC. If you have an older version of OS X, then it has whatever was the last version of the IC utility that was made for that OS revision.

If you have an older one, Image Capture still has the option to block iPhoto from launching when you plug in a camera, but unfortunately, your decision applies to all cameras, and when you plug your actual camera in, you will have to launch iPhoto manually if you wish. Alternatively, you might be able to implement this...

http://37signals.com/svn/posts/873-tip-prevent-iphoto-from-opening-when-you-plug-in-your-iphone

But it's a hack, and so you'll have to do some editing, as shown in that walkthrough.