Dont Worry! There is hope if you drop your iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndreaN, Jun 30, 2010.

1. AndreaN macrumors member

Havent posted in awhile, but just wanted to say that while i was at the movies my iphone slipped right out of my pocket unprotected and made a nice crash noise. My heart dropped i was so afraid to even pick it up, once and I did and got over the shock i took a look at the phone and not one scratch or mark and everything worked fine. This wasnt a huge fall but it was deff. scary with the noise it made. Anyway wanted to post something saying there is hope. But I do have a bumper ordered and searching for a good case. oh but i do take good care of my iphone, I have been extra cautious that is why I was so stunned when i heard the crash.

2. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

Yea, you're pretty much gambling when it falls. If it hits the right spot it will shatter but right next to it and it will be fine. I became a lot more confident in my 3G after dropping a couple times but, this new one I'm afraid to set it down wrong.It's too pretty to scratch

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

cool story. bro

literally i'm glad that your iPhone lived
    I might be getting the Griffin Reveal but the case has problems when you wanna use flash

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I don't trust this new phone one bit when it comes to drops. The 3GS could take a hit, but this one will be in a case for sure when I can find one.

5. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

seriously this phone is so fragile to me i like softly lay it down on any surface just to scary and this was a wake up call that man i need a case really bad but i havent seen one yet that everyone was pleased with like no flash problems, fit well, and doesnt gather dust or cause scratches you would think these case companies would be all over this trying to make the best cases, but i guess if they got theirs the same time we did they need time

6. Loki666 macrumors member

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I don't trust any phone to a drop, unless it's a nokia, those things are built like tanks. One thing I noticed is that this new iPhone is MUCH more resistant to scratches than my 3G, which after one day had several scratches on the apple logo from just setting it on a table. This one I have had for almost a week and not a single scratch.

8. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED TO THIS TOPIC IS A NOOBIE LOL EVEN ME AND OF COURSE YOU HAVENT POSTED IN A WHILE, YOU JUST JOIN. Didn't mean to shout

9. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

What about the jcb phone? That thing is pretty much invincible. It had to go through tests like having cars etc drove over it.

10. AndreaN thread starter macrumors member

thats right i am a newbie but this is my 20th post i believe so get your facts straight geez i didnt want this to be a "cool" story just informative