Don't you feel a bit sorry for Blackberry Owners?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kewl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. kewl macrumors newbie

Just indulging in a bit of selfless gloating here. :p

As I see all those crackberries on my daily commute to work, I can't help but think how primative those things look compared to the iPhone. Thumbs constantly scrolling, giant keyboard with tiny buttons, and a little tiny antenna sticking out. They remind me of my first cellphone from the nineties. :eek:

Needless to say I love the form factor of my iPhone. :D

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No I don't feel sorry for them. They have a great phones, that suit their needs. My wife has a Blackberry Pearl and its a wonderful phone. No antenna sticking out of it. I was seriously considering a Curve before I got my iPhone.

The iPhone is a great phone, but its not perfect.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hah, we dress better than iPhone owners, so it evens out. :p

Of course, most Blackberries haven't had antennas sticking out in years... so if you're seeing those, that's a bit of an older crowd.

To be honest, I might get an iPhone at some point. It's easy to set it up so that it requires a password to unlock, right? How hard is it to filevault the e-mail on it?

4. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

Hardly, most of them I know make about %200 more than I do.

5. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

i do until i see that they are playing games on their blackberry in the subway, while i listen to music and finger through iphone's settings because that's all there is to do with it...

i still like my iphone tho

6. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

That will all change at the end of the month! SDK yay!

7. Keebler macrumors 68030

nope not at all. most of the ppl i know with blackberrys have them paid by their corporate plan so not only do they NOT pay for it, they use it to make money (at least the folks i know). I was thinking my wife should get one, but there's a fine line between having one and not - except that fine line means you get addicted and ppl expect answers far faster than necessary.

the iphone is cool, but not the be all and end all.

8. kewl thread starter macrumors newbie

Jirbo

Check out jirbo.com. Online games for the iphone, no downloading applications.

9. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I wanted an iPhone, oh yes I did!

But when I needed a new phone, ( My Motorola Razr POS had become unbearable), ATT had not yet announced business plans for the iPhone, so I opted for a Blackberry Curve 8310.

This is by far and away the best phone I have ever had! The iPhone may do some things better, but I am verrry satisfied with my "Crackberry".

10. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I love my BlackBerry. Looking forward to see what RIM has in store for the 9000 series. Some are speculating that it will feature a brand new OS with touch screen. I like the tactile feedback of a real keyboard, though. If they could pull off a touch screen with slideout keyboard and keep the device thin, it would most likely continue to my cellular weapon of choice. If not, I'll probably look closely at the next gen' iPhone. All the little OS X features make it real tempting.

11. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Not really . . . that's the platform they chose

12. jeffmc macrumors 6502

poor them and their push email and remote administration...

13. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

im sorry, i love my iphone but i think its really immature to talk **** about what people choose to buy

14. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I have a Blackberry Curve and an iPhone?

Should I feel sorry for myself, or should I gloat .... darn I am sooo confused!!!

15. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I really like my Blackberry. It's tremendously useful. Not sure which I'd keep were I given the choice betwixt a BB and an iP.

16. kevd00d macrumors member

i love my iphone but all my friends and colleagues have blackberries they get to chat on blackberry messenger with so i do miss out on all the inside jokes...too bad there isn't a 3rd party app that allows iphone users to chat with blackberry messenger

17. ms2kj macrumors newbie

Both

I own both (both actually paid by my employer) and as a crackberry addict, I'm actually having a nice detox moment with the iPhone. In no way does the iPhone compare to the BB as an enterprise OTA email/cal/contacts..etc tool. But, iPhone is the future of the wireless devices. If Apple can come up with a stand alone server product (e.g. RIM's BES) to sit in front of Exchange, and have a true OTA functionality, it will kill RIM IMO.

18. ph4ist macrumors newbie

I have Both...

the Blackberry Pearl is an awesome phone.
    Same with my iPhone.
    I like the internet speed of the iPhone.
    Yet all the different customizable options on the Pearl.

19. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I dunno, I got sick of "crackberry" users pulling that think out over lunch or me just talking with them to get their "pushed mail" as if I'm not important enough to keep talking to.

**** 'em... :mad:

And this is everyone I know that has one (except for one friend, he switched to an iPhone -> his Wife is probably really happy with the switch).

(sidenote: people where I work are really cool with them - most have turned off the mail alarm - goes off every 5 min. They only check messages when not in conversation or not meeting with someone).

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I got a feeling those people would do that regardless of the phone.

Rudeness has no brand loyalty!!!

21. guifa macrumors 6502

Keyword there was subway. As in, below ground. As in, most likely no coverage. In the Madrid Metro there are only a few areas with internet, most notably line 8 (the airport line). But other than that, there's only a sporadic station here or there that happens to be built closer to the station that will get it. Same for the commuter lines once they get into the central area and head underground as well. Downloadable games have a certain advantage when you go six feet (or sixty feet) under.

22. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

i love my iphone and all but my girlfriend has a blackberry curve. thing is bad ass. everything that i possibly have wanted on the iphone she already has. and her speakerphone/music speaker is borderline out of control loud...

23. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I don't have an iPhone yet, but the only thing I miss about my Blackberry (8830) is the tethering support.

Other than that, non-HTML Email and Web browsing were a major pain.

24. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I got an iPhone and a Blackberry Curve. The Blackberry is a damn good phone. Very good.

As said before, non html email and an awkward web browser are its only real flaws. But instant push email, full email file support, instant messaging and of course, exchange/enterprise support are all superb!!

25. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Hahaha!! I love this thread. There's some sense of superiority associated with BBs similar to the pager in the late 80s/early 90s. If you had a pager you were an important Doctor or drug dealer. SOME people with BBs seem to have some air of importance. Before the iPhone, I bought a BB just for the push email, not because I was an executive.

iPhone owners were arrogant at first, I think. I was proud to say the least, but now BBs are more schnazzy, and iPhones are more commonly seen. The iPhone's novelty is wearing off as we anticipate v2, but to me and for my needs, the iPhone trumps any brick BB.