Don't you hate it when...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigg, Jul 21, 2010.

1. twigg macrumors member

Don't you hate it when your in a room and someone with an iPhone gets a text or call and you think it's yours? Then everybody checks their phone. I know that some people change their ringtones but many people don't.

2. screamace macrumors member

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes you can, you can't use "custom ringtones" for SMS but you have about 7 build in options. Settings > Sounds > New Text Message.

4. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

You can make all the custom ring tones you want. I haven't used a boring stock once since the first day I had my phone. As for texts. I guess you're stuck. Unless you JB

5. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

The first thing I do when I get a new phone is to change my text toe
    to the single 'ding' sound. All phones have it.
    I prefer that then some annoying song or noise.
    But no one else seems to use this.

As for my ringtone I do use a custom ringtone, normally I stick with one song for the life of that peticular phone.

6. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Yep, that's why I forced all my friends to choose a different SMS tone than myself. It's still annoying though when you're in public and somebody has the same SMS tone.

7. xyz1534 macrumors regular

At work almost everyone around me has some version of the iPhone and since there are very few SMS tones to choose from it does get annoying when every 2nd or 3rd person has the same tone as you....

8. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

same pretty well goes for any phone...blackberry, nokia, SE, moto...all the same crap...in euro countries all you hear is nokia sms tones and ringers...and EVERYBODY has a nokia...it sucks!!!

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Seems to be that every last iPhone owner has decided that the "Glass" tone is best for SMS. Unfortunately I agree.

I truly hate SJ for not giving us greater choice on this. I think he knows if we can change the SMS to a custom tone it lowers the realization that everyone in the room has an iPhone.

10. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I always change the default ringtone to something I like and change that from time to time.
    But the text message alert sucks.:( I wish there were more options for it and/or ability to customize it.

11. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Why stop with your friends, you should force the entire country, nay the entire universe to use a different SMS tone. Only then will your message be heard.

12. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

13. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Force them too, it's only a few millions to go. You'll love it!

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

First thing I do is change my text and ringtone. Solves that problem. Is there a way to change new mail though? That one gets me everytime..

15. twigg thread starter macrumors member

Apple needs to allow us to customize more. It took 4 years for home screen wallpaper, really? What I said above also goes for the mail tone too.