Don't you wish Apple would Stream the iPad 3 Announcement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Buildbright, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I really wish Apple would stream all of their events. Watching a site live blog the event is boring. I personally do not read the live blogs. I wait till Apple uploads the video. Then I watch it, am I alone?

I really think it would be a nice gesture to the true geeks..lol I understand
    Apple is giving the media a chance to announce the product first but they could just allow news/blogs outlets to stream the video.

2. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

It's not out of the relm of possibility. They have done it before. If they do, they usually do not announce the stream until the day before or the day of.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

The started streaming them to Mac's and IOS devices around the time the iPhone 4 was announced.

I think it only lasted for 1 or 2 keynotes.

It was great watching them live on my iPad.

I can only think they stopped doing it in case a demo went wrong and they could edit it out?

But that can't be true, because the last demo to go wrong was the iPhone 4 and it's WiFi not working, and they didn't edit that out of the Keynote you can download from iTunes.

4. doboy macrumors 68000

Yes. At least they post the video later that day.

5. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I won't be watching it from Engadget or any of these other sites. Their "coverage" is kind of lame. Dealing with the server crashing and stuff.

6. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

would be great if apple could simply stream it again. i'd watch every second carefully.

7. PerfectDB macrumors regular

Didn't Apple stream the 4S event to one of their London stores? - Maybe they'll do the same this time.

A live-stream on Apple's website would be awesome, but I don't see it happening.

8. Buildbright thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought them streaming to ipads, iphone, and safari was an interesting idea. Made it like an Apple club. I also like to watch the keynotes because I always pick up on things that reporters miss.

I agree the live blog is kinda lame.

9. OSMac macrumors 65816

Amazing when a companies press events are in such demand worldwide...

Stream would be great, but I'm just hoping US and Canada get the same release date and preorders are possible right away.

Forget those silly 6 hour lines this time, learned my lesson !

10. snow blind macrumors regular

Id love for Apple to stream to their own devices again.

Same here. Fingers crossed for pre-orders.

11. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I don't mind the live blogging. Comes in handy because I'm usually at work and on the phone and can't just sit here and watch video streams all day.

12. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Who's to say that they won't? Keep your hopes up, Apple has done it before for past events, it can happen again.

13. Buildbright thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am hoping trust me I have no complaints of Tim Cook as CEO to date. Tim is the game changer here and if he sees value in it. I think it would be a good move.

14. TLewis macrumors 65816

While a lot of the coverage is lame (or melts down due to overloading), some are great. In past years, arstechnica has been decent. On an announcement day, I usually go to 3-4 sites, and then stick with one - it's usually pretty obvious which is good after a minute or so.

15. Gorion macrumors member

I would if I had the day off.. lol But since I will be working during the event, the live blog works well for me.

16. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Yes, yes I do hope they stream it live. Going spoiler free waiting for the video to be posted later in the evening is incredibly difficult.