Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frozentoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Anyone else trying this? Practicing with my 6 Plus and looking ridiculous… The creator (Karen X. Cheng) is an ex-Microsoft employee; it’s good to see her enjoying an iPhone.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
When will the selfie die

It won't. The "selfie" is the product of a highly narcissistic society who would prefer to live in their carefully staged Instagram photos rather than reality.

(Yeah I know, dick post :p)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It won't. The "selfie" is the product of a highly narcissistic society who would prefer to live in their carefully staged Instagram photos rather than reality.

(Yeah I know, dick post :p)

I'm a woman, and I approve this message.

Nothing wrong with taking pictures of yourself, nothing wrong with being artistic with the way you do them. Taking pictures of yourself 200 times a day, yeah, that's a problem.

Live life through your eyes and not through the screen of your phone.

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
Never. It's gone on as long as cheap cameras/camera phones have existed and it'll never die.

441px-Tizian_090.jpg

Titian, Madrid. Self Portrait. 1566.

I don’t get people who are anti-selfie, do you just not like people feeling good about themselves, wanting to affirm that they feel and look good and show off their current look? That must be a real miserable existence.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
Sorry to bump this back up, but today I saw a Beats commercial in which people were doing this.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I thought that it was her (the creator)! And I had tried to paste the URL in my post, but for the forum post sheet thing does not want to work that well on mobile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.