Doom 2?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by littledude8209, Jul 17, 2009.

1. littledude8209 macrumors regular

Hi, I'm trying to get Doom 2 running on my 15" Macbook Pro Running Leopard Version 10.5.7. I've done a search on macrumors.com, and google and can't seem to find anything to get this game up and running! I have the original Game Disc, but when i put the disc in, and try to install it says "You can't open the application "Doom II" because the Classic enviorment is no longer supported. Any way to get around this?

2. lostless macrumors 6502

You can run doom 2 and doom 1 on OSX without a hitch. There are 2 source ports to run doom on osx. The best one is the Doomsday engine. With that you can run the game at high rez and with some addons, which don't come with the port, but are on the official website, can add high rez textures, 3d model, and special lighting. If you want to run doom as close to the original as possible, Zdoom is a pretty good port. All it adds is the ability to look up and down, but you can choose not to use that option. For both ports, all you need to copy off your original install disk is the Doom2.wad file and copy to the proper location. Zdoom has a special folder it needs to be in. Doomsday doesnt matter since you select the file location.

3. littledude8209 thread starter macrumors regular