doom 3 resolution and frame rate on new iMac 24"

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jude4312, Dec 4, 2007.

1. jude4312 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble readjusting the resolution to fit the maximum resolution. My spec is iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB RAM ATI,RadeonHD2600 256VRAM
    Whenever the game is in Full screen mode and I set it to the max resolution of 1600x1200, it reverts to 600x400(?, the lowest resolution). The maximum in full screen mode I can get is 1000xsomething. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this. Also, the game kind of lags when something happens, like when enemy shows up. It's playable, but just not very smooth. I've tried running it under both tiger and leopard but the results were the same. Thanks for the help.

2. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

The monitor/videocard may not support that resolution. Most likely you will need to set the screen resolution manually.

1. At the main menu open the console (ALT + CTRL + `)
    2. Enter the following commands:
    r_customWidth "1920"
    r_customHeight "1200"
    r_mode -1
    vid_restart

3. jude4312 thread starter macrumors newbie

this is so awesome and it works with every game that uses doom 3 engine! thanks a lot. by the way, do you happen to know a solution to extreme lagging? what is anti-aliasing? it seems like it looks better with this on, but do i need it at the maximum resolution? this feature makes game lag like hell..

4. IBitePrettyHard macrumors member

Anti-aliasing is what smoothes out the graphics you see in the game. It makes the jagged edges appear smooth using a fuzzy effect around the edges.