Doom 3 won't even start on my IMac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by nolanisgood, Jun 5, 2008.

1. nolanisgood macrumors newbie

I just Bought a top of the line model not but two days ago and then chose to get a triumphant game to go along with it. So I put Doom 3 in there's sound but NO VISUAL WHATSOEVER. Just an industrial gothic soundtrack and what sounds like logos coming and going but I wouldn't know because I've never seen it. I've tried installing it onto the HD and not the desktop, tried repairing the disk, I've played with brightness and visual requirements, I re-installed it many a time and of course randomly smacked buttons like I was an angry baboon but nothing to any avail. Also I've watched several movies on it with not a hint of a trouble but now this. If any of you find it in your hearts to help this pitiful creature I would forever be in your debt. Here are my computer details:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac8,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    SMC Version: 1.30f1

2. Dan.Dare macrumors member

Your description of the music sounds right so the game is there. But can I ask how you entered the authorisation key if you can't see any picture?

Have you downloaded and installed the 1.3 patch from Aspyr?

3. nolanisgood thread starter macrumors newbie

The key is before the actual gameplay graphics. but anyways I did learn about the patch elsewhere and the problem is solved. thanks anyways