Doped iPod Touch in Toilet! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hockeyhammer, Apr 10, 2010.

1. hockeyhammer macrumors regular

Okay so i droped my 1st gen. iPod Touch in the toilet. The water damage indicator is not red, but i'm out of warranty anyways. Something must be wrong with the battery because i haven't touch any buttons and right now the "Connect To Power" indicator will flash on and off to a blank screen, then the same thing will happen with the little apple logo, then the screen will flash white a few times. What do I do?

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Stop using it. Turn it off. Put it in a bag of rice and close it, leave it for a day or three. Leave it for an additional 2 days. Then use it.

The rice is to absorb all moisture.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. hockeyhammer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. Should I try it after its been in the bag for a few days?

5. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

It seems to me several people are dropping the WRONG things into the toilet!:)

6. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Yes, after 3 or 4 days it should be better. If not, then it's permanently broken.

Next time, try doping yourself instead ;)

7. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

8. andrew086 macrumors regular

what were you doing with your ipod touch in the bathroom..........

9. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I thought that was the iPod touch's primary use? For in-toilet entertainment?

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

FIRST RULE TO WHEN GETTING AN IPOD/IPHONE WET!

1.) Don't turn it on! :eek: Leave it, do the rice bag thingy.

11. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

Exactly, much less cumbersome than a laptop.

12. CmonRichard macrumors newbie

Not sure how useful this is but...

I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch. When I got my iPhone 3G nearly 2 years ago, my then 18 month old son through my iPod in the bath & submerged it. We left it for days & put it in out Hot Water Cylinder cupboard hoping to dry it out. I thought it was dead & gone. Rather than trow it out, I gave it to my son so he had his own iPod (even if it didn't work. Last night my eldest son (14) decided to plug it into the charger & 'bam' it's working. Hasn't been used for 21 months & it's going like a dream!!

13. mrcc macrumors regular

damn that must suck. i read a couple posts like that. i put a chair next to the toilet. so when im done i put my itouch on the chair. to finish my business.

14. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Yea I use my iPod in the toilet all the time, but how do you drop it in the toilet? like, it must be between your legs or something, which is a risky thing to do.

Just put it to the side while wiping!. (the iPod aswel) heyoo!!

15. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

Before or after you used the toilet? did it hit any timber on the way down?

16. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Having dropped an iPod nano down the toilet - I can say that washing the unit through with distilled water (or purer - if you have access to ultra-pure water) is the best thing to do - then shake out and do the rice thing.

Water is full of lots of things even without what else goes down the toilet, have a look on the label of a bottle of drinking water (Sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, etc etc etc) It is these things in the water that damage electronics, add human waste products and you have a recipe for disaster.

Washing first then drying is best.

My iPod nano (1st gen) is still going strong.

17. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

Dear God man... :eek:

Guess I'll buy some rice on the way home and stuff my water damaged iPod Touch into it for 3 days and 3 nights... if it rises from the dead I'll call it Jesus. :D

18. hockeyhammer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help guys!
    took it out this morning and plugged it in........ works great, nothing was lost the battery still holds a charge and the sound and screen are fine.
    Guess I got lucky.

19. XxbluepopxX macrumors newbie

Me is stupid

This happened to me, i did not no my ipod was in my pant pocket, it than fell into the toilet, and it was on at the time, and i blow dryed it, and shook water out as best i could, but while shaking it it randomly turned on, and i did not see that the bar was pink, but it is now in a container of rice. Is there anything else i can do?

20. jackiller macrumors newbie

do the thing with rice and if it doesnt work then put it in a pan thats able 2 b put in the oven fill up a small layer of rice on the bottom of the pan so tht the ipod doesnt recive direct heat thn put it in the oven at 100 degrees for about 15 min... i did it and it worked 4 me so giv it a try

21. jackiller macrumors newbie

Where is the water indicator on an ipod touch... i have the 2ndG but idk where it is.

22. jackiller macrumors newbie

do the thing with rice and if it doesnt work then put it in a pan thats able 2 b put in the oven fill up a small layer of rice on the bottom of the pan so tht the ipod doesnt recive direct heat thn put it in the oven at 100 degrees for about 15 min... i did it and it worked 4 me so giv it a try

23. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I believe it's inside the headphone jack.

24. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

+1

This thread is so funny! XD