Doppler Effects?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Soundburst, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

Was watching a sound design documentary and the guy gave a lot of great ideas! One was to doppler sounds and I didn't think anything of it until I watched it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HgOiXpxUHA

There's an example - the problem is I don't have Ableton so can't use that preset that the guy is giving away free! :(

Does anyone know of any free apps that might do this effect? Or Plugins that come with pro tools?

Putting a string bow across a steal sheet and adding a doppler could create some brilliant sounds!

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

You could automate some panning and pitch shifting to simulate a doppler effect. I'd start off with the pan and then do the pitch bend to match.

3. Soundburst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Jimmy!

Another wee question. . Any idea of free mac modular synthesis apps to create good ambient track sand nice soundscapes?

I got noise plug but it doesn't seem to be compatible with lion :(:(

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Sorry, can't help you there, I'm not at all familiar with that kind of thing. You might find something here though.

5. Soundburst thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

6. a-bob macrumors newbie

a-bob

The Waves Doppler, one of the best ones around imo, is now only $75 native for Pro Tools. I know you're looking for a free plug but $75 is a steal. It's still a staple for many sound designers.

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=244

7. kcfroines macrumors newbie

I believe on Dontcrack.com you could get a "demo" version of the GRM Doppler plugin (RTAS for ProTools)

you won't be able to automate with the demo version, but you can print your FX in real-time if you know basic bus routing.

its part of the GRM Classic bundle.